cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder password hacked.

bigchap
On our wavelength

Hi. I’ve had an email from my own blueyonder account saying it’s been hacked and states the password. How do I access the account to change the password? It is not on my virgin media account.

13 REPLIES 13

bigchap
On our wavelength

Thanks. The blueyonder accounts aren’t showing up in my accounts. Even my virginmedia email accounts only give me the option to delete?

bigchap
On our wavelength

Hi. Is anyone going to get back to me regarding this?

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@bigchap wrote:

The blueyonder accounts aren’t showing up in my accounts

In that case there is a good chance that VM have deleted those email accounts due to them not being linked to a live broadband account as I explained in my first post.

"Even my virginmedia email accounts only give me the option to delete?"

VM changed the password reset process for secondary accounts some time ago. These days each secondary account has its own My Virgin Media account.

Now the route to reset the password on a secondary email account now is either:

1. sign into the My Virgin Media account for that email by folloeing the instructions I have already posted a couple of times in this thread
  2. or, if the existing password does not work when you try to sign into the My Virgin Media account you have to use the Forgotten password route from here https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password Sadly, that may not work for you because it is unlikely there is a password recovery question set in that email account.

"Hi. Is anyone going to get back to me regarding this?"

I have escalated this to the ForumTeam.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @bigchap thanks for your reply here, really sorry that Travis didn't reach out to you as promised.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into this further for you.

Kindly expect the PM from me to arrive shortly and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W