Menu
tpoolan
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Blueyonder mailbox unavailable

Just adding my name to the list. My Blueyonder email (which is linked to my main Virgin Media account) has not been working for days. I've tried via mail apps and through webmail and have tried changing my password but to no avail. I've signed up here using my other (virgin.net) email account which is still working. I'd appreciate it if one of the team could pick this up, please.

Screenshot 2020-06-21 at 13.13.27.jpg

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Johno71
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blueyonder mailbox unavailable

I had this message and Virgin have fixed it for me. This apparently happened because there was a hack on the emails and a forwarding email address had been added, so a third party was able to access my emails.  Luckily I lead a boring life and there was nothing juicy to read.  Somebody from Virgin did reply to me and got this working in a short space of time.  He just needed my account details, address etc.  I hadn't been a virgin customer for 20 years but had kept the same virgin.net email address.  I'm sure somebody from Virgin will get to you and assist.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi tpoolan

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry for the email issues. I'll assist further via PM.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@tpoolan wrote:

Just adding my name to the list. My Blueyonder email (which is linked to my main Virgin Media account) has not been working for days. I've tried via mail apps and through webmail and have tried changing my password but to no avail. I've signed up here using my other (virgin.net) email account which is still working. I'd appreciate it if one of the team could pick this up, please.

This sentence stuck out to me.  I am still learning, so not sure if it is possible to have blueyonder and virgin.net addresses on one account.  The VIPs or the Forum Team will know for certain.

To save you from any future problems - please check for yourself that the virgin.net address is definitely linked to your myvirginmedia account.  Email addresses that are not linked are subject to deletion at any time without any warning.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073/

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
tpoolan
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

The virgin.net account is not linked to my main Virgin Media account - I think I set it up a few years before I signed up for (what was then) Telewest services.

I don't use it much now - many years of accumulated junk!

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@tpoolan wrote:

Hi there,

The virgin.net account is not linked to my main Virgin Media account - I think I set it up a few years before I signed up for (what was then) Telewest services.

I don't use it much now - many years of accumulated junk!

Hi tpoolan - I am just reviewing some of the threads I participated in recently.  In my opinion, if the virgin.net address is not linked to your vm billing account, you should really make sure the mailbox is properly deleted from the VM system.  The address and your personal data, including any contacts information are more vulnerable to hacking beyond your control if you leave it there.  It should be deleted eventually when VM identify it (I assume they do regular searches for orphan addresses), but if I were you, I'd prefer to know it is deleted sooner. (i.e. NOW)

The VM Forum Team can do this for you - you just have to ask here in the community forum.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi tpoolan,

Thanks for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry you are unable to access your emails, I would like to get this resolved for you, I will send you an invite into a private chat shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos