cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder mailbox not working

Sobia1786
Tuning in

I've been on phone 10 hours today to VM stating I'm unable to log into my blueyonder email account, they transferred me to 25 various departments to which all never knew what to do so kept passing me around until I hung up. I use my blueyonder mailbox for work purposes but unable to log in, was working fine this morning then all of sudden couldn't send emails wanted me to verify my account.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Sobia1786  Welcome to the Community help forum.

When you try to access your email address what error message do you get?

In order for you to be able to access the blueyonder email address concerned it needs to be tied to your current Virgin Media broadband account.  Can you confirm that this is the case?

As a by the way, you should not be using a free ISP email address for business purposes, it is against the VM terms and conditions.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Sobia1786  Welcome to the Community help forum.

When you try to access your email address what error message do you get?

In order for you to be able to access the blueyonder email address concerned it needs to be tied to your current Virgin Media broadband account.  Can you confirm that this is the case?

As a by the way, you should not be using a free ISP email address for business purposes, it is against the VM terms and conditions.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

It's linked to my VM account. My work emails are on it not business. 

Screenshot_20220523-221746_Email.jpg

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Sobia1786  I don't recognise that error message as being a VM generated one.  What happens if you try to access the email account via the Virgin Media mail webmail page?  https://mail2.virginmedia.com/

Screenshot_20220523-223110_Chrome.jpg

•   I get this if click the WebMail link? Help plzxxxx

If you still can not get in- have you tried password recovery in the virgin web account page and webmail which may require your account data, but It can be difficult is the email is locked out and you can not get the reset link. I always choose a contact address different to virgin email for that reason.

If that procedure can not be done, your password would need to be reset by virgin.

see-

Forgotten your Password? | Reset Here | Virgin Media

Forgotten password - My Virgin Media

The email client settings may need to be checked also and updated if the password is changed.

Also try cleaning your browser history and reseting the browser can often help, or try a different browser such as edge or  google chrome.

The security on buisiness account is much better, and free personal accounts do not have the extra security that would be needed for a secure  business account.

alf28

Still doesn't work done everything reset password too

I see you are stil locked out, The password reset change may take some time to work usually 10 minutes.

Are you locked out of both web mail as well as the email client?

Someone else had this problem recently with a blueyonder email address when using windows on a laptop.

The account could be locked or compromised/hacked, virgin need to advise you on community or ring 150.

see

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment Plea... - Virgin Media Community - 4923088

Email accounts locked, mailbox unable, unable to a... - Virgin Media Community - 4808847

Re: Why so frequent issues using VM email from Fir... - Virgin Media Community - 5019930

I think you need a "forum member" to answer this post and then send you a private message, you will need to give  account details, address etc, they usually answer but may take a while.

Ensure you are using the correct log in details -email/user name and pasword combination for this particualr account, it is easy to forget you have may have changed the details, or a  hacker has changed the user name?

alf28

I've spoken to VM they've raised a IT ticket as unsure of issue, thanks