Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Blueyonder incoming not working

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Anybody got a clue a to when this is going to be fixed.  Its been 3 days now....

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

blueyonder e-mail not receiving

It is now 4 days that I can't receive e-mails.  "Your mailbox is not available at the moment" is the message i get.  I have rung VM - it is a known issue which we will sort out in 24 -48 hours.  That was more than 48 hours ago.  What is strange is that the main e-mail doesn't work but the additional accounts created do!  

How do I get it sorted?  It is really inconvenient.  If the server is this unreliable I will have to change.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super solver
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: blueyonder e-mail not receiving

@TimMalt wrote:

It is now 4 days that I can't receive e-mails.  "Your mailbox is not available at the moment" is the message i get. 

It would be worth using this link  https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  and resetting your password by clicking on password in 'Forgotten your email or password'.

If that does not get you back in to your mailbox you will have to wait until a member of the Forum Team picks up on this thread and contacts you via the forum to get your details by private message. They will then be able to get the account unlocked for you.

As you probably realise, you are one of many in a similar position and it looks as if your initial post was missed by the Forum Team due to the sheer volume of posts on this issue. 😦

Your comment "If the server is this unreliable I will have to change" brings up an interesting point. The VM email service is very basic and the same comment applies to the email services from most of the other Internet Service Providers.  You would be well advised to move to a dedicated email service such as Gmail or Outlook.com. Those offer a more secure, more reliable fully functioning email service that does not tie you in to using a particular ISP.

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi TimMalt,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. My apologies for the email issues. I can see from checking our system that since posting, you've spoke to the team and the email issue was sorted by us re-enabling the mailbox

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have since found the problem - 

VM - sent me a note to say "Dear customer,  Recently we noticed suspicious activity on your Virgin Media email account, so as a security precaution we temporarily locked your mailbox."

Unfortunately the e-mail sent was after the account was blocked!  So how would i find out?!

All sorted - but it did mean 2x 45 min calls to the support team...

Thanks

0 Kudos