cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email

Jazzysmum
On our wavelength

Today I got locked out of my email.    when I reported it to Virgin they said it was a security issue and  an IT guy would phone me back.   5 hours later I telephoned virgin and got through to a really helpful lady.  She changed my password and my email came back.   Great.    However, she said that because “Blueyonder” is old and is no longer virgin and is now talk talk I should get another email and use that only as they have been inundated with Blueyonder people being locked out of their email.    I have been with Blueyonder nearly 30 years and there are a lot of people and companies for me to notify them of a different email address.    I do have a gmail account.

Is she right and should I do this.    Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"Is she right and should I do this.    Thank you "

No she isn't, it is complete and utter nonsense.  Talk Talk have absolutely nothing to do with any of the Virgin Media email domains.

As long as you continue to have a VM broadband account and the blueyonder email address is correctly linked to the broadband account it should continue to be available.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

albob
Superfast

Do you have a Broadband account with Virgin?

If so, your Blueyonder email address will continue to work. If you leave Virgin Broadband, your email address will be deleted after 90 days..

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

"Is she right and should I do this.    Thank you "

No she isn't, it is complete and utter nonsense.  Talk Talk have absolutely nothing to do with any of the Virgin Media email domains.

As long as you continue to have a VM broadband account and the blueyonder email address is correctly linked to the broadband account it should continue to be available.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Jazzysmum
On our wavelength
I do have a broadband account and I’m not leaving

Jazzysmum - it you want a bit more reassurance, have a read of this thread (it is regarding NTL but applies to Blueyonder as well)

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Retirement-of-NtlWorld-Email-Addresses/td-p/4826210

Note the second post from the 'Community  Manager'

Jazzysmum
On our wavelength
Thank you. That puts my mind at ease.

Hi Jazzysmum

Sorry you have been misadvised on the email address 

As long as you remain a customer you will have the email address 

If you left then it stays open for around 90 days 

Gareth_L

Hi, I understand that but VM customers services said Blueyonder will no longer be under VM but Talk talk and that I would always now have trouble and that I should use a different email address but still keep my VM broadband

We can assure you no Blue yonder emails are being taken over by any company Jazzysmum

The only time it will be deleted would be if you closed your Broadband account

Gareth_L

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

For your own peace of mind, jazzysmum, log into your broadband account and check that the email account is correctly linked to that account.  Otherwise it will still be at risk of being orphaned.

The other advice about using a different email account like gmail is correct. Email tied to an ISP is always at risk of problems like those currently filling this forum.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.