cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email

Nimewts
Joining in

Hi, I don't seem to be bale to access my blueyonder email, is there anyway I can get it unlocked as I am no longer a Virgin Media customer, but need to access and transfer old emails to my gmail account

8 REPLIES 8

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Nimewts

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. As you've said the email is not linked to an active account, there is a chance it could have been deleted. Can you try the following; Run a malware scan on all your devices. Change the password to something new unique, never used before. Then leave it 30 mins before attempting to re-access the mailbox.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John, I ran the malware on my laptop, but I can’t change the password as I don’t have access. Is this something you can do?

Best Regards

nigel

It only stopped working at the end of November 2021

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Nimewts,

I am sorry that this did not work, do you have an active broadband account with us?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Hayley, no when I moved house 5 years ago I was told you did not cover my new area, so I created a new generic account with gmail and they have been running together for that time. The strange thing is that I cannot access my email from my @blueyonder.co.uk email, but my wife’s @virginmedia.com email still works and this was piggy backed/created from my blueyonder account. Is there any way you could reset my password so that I can access and move some of my older emails and unsubscribe from companies that are still using this as a point of contact?

Best Regards

Nigel

Hi @Nimewts,

Can you please give these steps a try first and let us know how you get on?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach, I tried following the steps but couldn’t sign in. I think my old password doesn’t fit the special character and capital letter format. Can you not reset the password for my blueyonder email? Did you need me to provide you with it?

Breast regards

nigel

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us @Nimewts

We do normally advise that once the account has been closed that there are 90 days before the email address can be culled. 

I can attempt to regain temporary access to the account but I can't make any guarantees. 

I will pop you over a PM so that I can get some further information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M