cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email suspension

Noo
Tuning in

Hi.  My 88 year old Father has been locked out of his blueyonder email account.  We were expecting this ages ago to be honest, but had thought we would receive a reminder.  He moved into a Care Home when my Mum died and so had to cancel his Virgin TV account, which as a consquence meant his blueyonder account would be closed down.  Due to conflicting information from Dad's "computer man" he assumed that as the account had not been suspended after 9 months it was no going to be suspended at all, he was quite shocked when he found he could no longer log in.   It would have been great to have received a heads up to be honest. 

Would it be possible for the account to be reactivated if he changes his mobile supplier from O2 to Virgin?  If not, could we have a couple of days access in order to set up a re-direct to his icloud account?

Thanking you in anticipation! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jem101
Superstar

@Noo wrote:

Snip...

Would it be possible for the account to be reactivated if he changes his mobile supplier from O2 to Virgin?  If not, could we have a couple of days access in order to set up a re-direct to his icloud account?

I'm afraid that even having a Virgin mobile won't be enough, the only way to retain use of any VM branded email addresses is to be a current broadband customer. In a day or so, a member of the forum team will get to this thread and should offer to help, as your father is/was the account holder, they'll need to be in contact with him for obvious data protection regulations, unless you have a Power of Attorney already set up, in which case they are obliged to deal with you on his behalf.

Assuming that the email account has been caught up in a periodic cleanup and has now been deactivated, pending deletion, depending on how far the process has gone, it may, emphasis on may, be possible to arrange temporary access. But there is another issue, an email forwarder, relies on the mailbox working, once the mailbox is deleted, the forwarder is deleted as well. If they do manage to regain access for you, you absolutely have to spend the time backing up any messages you may want to keep, setting up an alternative email address and notifying all of his contacts of the new address.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jem101
Superstar

@Noo wrote:

Snip...

I'm afraid that even having a Virgin mobile won't be enough, the only way to retain use of any VM branded email addresses is to be a current broadband customer. In a day or so, a member of the forum team will get to this thread and should offer to help, as your father is/was the account holder, they'll need to be in contact with him for obvious data protection regulations, unless you have a Power of Attorney already set up, in which case they are obliged to deal with you on his behalf.

Assuming that the email account has been caught up in a periodic cleanup and has now been deactivated, pending deletion, depending on how far the process has gone, it may, emphasis on may, be possible to arrange temporary access. But there is another issue, an email forwarder, relies on the mailbox working, once the mailbox is deleted, the forwarder is deleted as well. If they do manage to regain access for you, you absolutely have to spend the time backing up any messages you may want to keep, setting up an alternative email address and notifying all of his contacts of the new address.

Thank you so much for this info - I hadn't really thought it through, had I, regarding forwarding emails to his icloud?!  Will wait to see if Virgin can help me - I do hope so as Dad has been a customer for years, as have I.

Hi @Noo,

Thank you for your posts and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear that there seems to be some issues with your father's email address/account. As I can see has already been advised earlier in this thread, for the email service to remain active it needs to be linked to an active broadband service. Once the broadband service has been cancelled and disconnected the email address/account is subsequently deleted. This typically happens within 90 days but can take longer.

We would need to speak with the account holder in order to assist with email account based queries further. Are they able to post on this this thread, or do you hold Power of Attorney?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hey @Zach_R 

I can access this Forum with Dad when next I am with him.  I assume I would need to schedule a day and time?  

Regards, Noo

Hi @Noo 

Thanks for coming back to us.

I will PM you now to assist further.

Kind regards.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill