cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email stopped working

gazthomas
On our wavelength

My blueyonder email - I have had for 20 plus years suddenly stopped working in the last week or two - it seems - its stating the login/password is incorrect - I have never changed it from the password given when we first got broadband all those years ago - I have looked at how to change passwords in my virgin media but my scenario doesnt seem to be there. the myvirginmedia email address i use is deifferent to my base virgin media email address - so when it allows me to change a password I have no idea which password its changing. I am totally lost with this - I need to access my blueyonder email as its my main email address for all things for over 20 years - I am still a broadband customer and have changed nothing my end - but suddenly authentication errors everytime. its also stopped me being able to use gmail send as function as I used the Virgin media SMTP - now this is also not authenticating - HELP! 

3 REPLIES 3

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi gazthomas,

Thank you for reaching back out to us in our community and welcome back, sorry to hear you aren't able to access your Emails, if this is your primary email changing my Virgin Media password would also change the Email password, please try this then try logging in again, please use something you haven't used previously?

If you are still unable to get in I will be more than happy to help further, I have been able to locate your account with the details we have for you however we will need to clear Security, I will send you a invite into a private chat, if needed please click on the purple envelope to accept?

Regards

Paul.

gazthomas
On our wavelength

hi - this is where its confusing - as the email address associated with MyVirginmedia - is different to that I have for email only - myvirginmedia email is XXX@garyXXX.org whereby the email address I am having problems with and is associated with the account since day 1 is gazxxxxx@blueyonder.co.uk 

the password for both of these has been different since day 1 - so i do not log into myvirginmedia with any of my blueyonder email credentials - username/email address or password - they are not related

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gaz,

Thanks for coming back to me and for the update, glad to hear after resetting your Email and changing the password you now have access, please let us know if you have any further issues?

Regards

Paul.