cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email stopped working

Sam3030
Joining in

Hi

i have not received any emails since Monday afternoon .. I get the Cannot get Mail. No password provided for Blueyonder.co.uk.

The password is in settings . Even if I retype it .. it is verified .. but still get the same message.

I have reset the  virgin media password . Still to no avail.  I have contacted virgin tech who have also changed my password .. promised it would work but doesn’t.

can not access my emails through virgin mail .. your mailbox is not available at the moment .. 

Please help..  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The VM Forum Team staff should be able to take a look, but if an IT ticket has already been raised they may not be to do much more.  They will respond here either later this evening or tomorrow.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Sam3030 You mention that you have changed the Virgin media password however as you are having issues with a blueyonder email address you actually need to change the password for that specific address.

Each email address now has its own My VM account

Secondary accounts changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Account Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

If no security answers have been set for the email address concerned then you will need to call in for support and select technical issues> email

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Hi .. I’ve changed the password using the blueyonder account .. unfortunately, it is still the same .. still the same messages .

Is there anything else I can do .. virgin have given me an IT ticket as they say they don’t know what the problem is .. this may take up to 5 days .

just need this resolving ..

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The VM Forum Team staff should be able to take a look, but if an IT ticket has already been raised they may not be to do much more.  They will respond here either later this evening or tomorrow.

Hi Sam3030

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

I am sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your email account.

Is the email account linked to a current active broadband account with us?

Please pop back to us when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi .. yes it is 

Hi 

just a quick update … virgin have now fixed the issue 

Thanks for updating us on this email issue Sam3030 👨‍🔧

I am glad it's now back up and running! It was part of an issue that has now been resolved.

If anyone else reading this thread still has issues sending/receiving emails, they should try resetting their email password to something new and unique, that's never been used before. 

I also have a really helpful like here that covers loads of aspects of VM Emails 👉 Managing VM Emails 

Thanks!

Megan_L

Nealsanderson
Joining in

Hi 

My blueyonder.co.uk email has stopped working I believe I may have been hacked and my password changed.  I can't reset the password and it's not linked to my virgin media account as that's under my wife's name.  Can you help?

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Nealsanderson 👋

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing problems accessing your BlueYonder account. Can you expand further on any error messages you're seeing? Are you able to provide a screenshot, that doesn't include any personal details? To clarify, is the account linked to any active Virgin Media account?

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ