cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email stopped working

Ian66
Tuning in

I have 2 blueyonder email accounts and the one has stopped synchronizing subscribed folders and cannot connect to server, have tried reinstalling account several times on different computers to see if my computer was at fault. My blueyonder account works fine just the second account that seems to be blocked, have phoned virgin several times over the last 3 weeks but just get passed around and told to wait for call backs from technical departments who never call back a bit stuck what to do now.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If your email address is not connected to a current broadband account and shown under MyVirginMedia, it will be treated as an orphan and probably closed. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Are both the email accounts attached to your current Virgin broadband account?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Both accounts where connected to my virgin account at the same time about 18 years ago but i did leave virgin for a short time about a month a few years back then been back with them since.

KB29R
On our wavelength

Yep mine has too - asking for password- tried changing password - tried calling VM 3 times this morning but totally hopeless- what’s happening here then?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

If your email address is not connected to a current broadband account and shown under MyVirginMedia, it will be treated as an orphan and probably closed. 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Orphan-Email-accounts/td-p/3492073

- jpeg1

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Ian66, 

Thank you for your post 🙂 

I am sorry you are having issues with your email address. Do you know if you moved your emails with you over to your new account?

Zoie

Hi Zoie_P

I.ve been with virgin for 18 years or so and did leave for a month say around 4 years ago and went back with them, just assumed email addresses where kept live as long as you kept with them and deleted after a year or so if you left them, recently called them for the sixth time to arrange a call from a technician and now none of my blueyonder emails work and cant log into the virgin web site now.

Ian 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

When you rejoined Virgin with a new account you would have been given a new email address (even if you never used it).  You were a new customer and there was was no reason for Virgin to know there was an old account or old email. In fact data protection would prevent them from copying any data from another account.

So your previous email would have become an orphan and eventually expired. 

You will have to see if the IT staff can help, but I fear you must be ready for a disappointment. 

- jpeg1

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

@Ian66 - as to what @jpeg1 has advised is clearer than I could put it myself. 

I will send you over a private message to look into this - but I can't guarantee that we would be able to get this back if the above has happened. 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

After 5 weeks of calling virgin and being passed around and promised call backs from technicians which never happened, I almost gave up trying to get my email problem fixed, then I tried virgin media community and after a few days I got contacted from Ryan_N- Forum Team, he managed to fix my problem and I would like to say a big thankyou to Ryan a very skilled and helpful person you really did get me out of a dreadful situation.