Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email setup on Outlook and Windows 11

Niall2
On our wavelength
Re: Blueyonder email on new laptop

yesterday

Hi, I was following a step by step process to get my blueyonder.co.uk email account working on Outlook 365, on Windows 11. I have worked through a number of solutions including the accessing of managing the email setup through settings and then accounts, in control panel. I am not sure if the account is an Outlook365, imap or pop account. Previously it worked okay on pop. 

Can anyone advise on where i am going wrong?

I have tried picking up the automatic account for Outlook365, but it does not allow me to send or download messages when i go to Outlook, 

The account is working fine through the browser and linked to virgin media online. Both receiving and sending.

I also tried the imap setup with options for imap.virginmedia.com - then again with imap.virginmedia.com:993:1 as per your brief below. I then tried again with imap.blueyonder.co.uk to see if it made a different and again with :993:1 on the end. 

Do you have any suggestions or ideas on how i might get this setup right?

Thanking you in advance for your consideration and help. Cheers Niall.

13 REPLIES 13

Niall2
On our wavelength

Yes, i have. Thank you.

Sorry @Niall2 did this work at all with the alternative email client or did you face similar issues? 

Thank you. 

Having a very similar problem. Windows 10 (computer is older and won't update) and Outlook.
Outlook worked fine for years, but then stopped working on send/receive. However still worked when hitting reply on a message and forcing it to synchronise folders.
Over the weekend there was a message to say emails not available due to the system being updated. Outlook now fails to synchronise. Account set up is as stated on the website.

Phil76
Tuning in

I've had the similar problems, I had to change my blueyonder email address in virgin website, then it was all working.  Now I've lost passwork access on outlook and just wont let me update my passwork..... what is going on?