cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email problems

Delewa
On our wavelength

Hi, I have used a @blueyonder.co.uk email for years and today it's totally blocked. It looks like I might have been hacked. But I don't know the user name or password so I can't sort things out online. I was on hold to Virgin customer service for over an hour and had to ring off because of a work call. Is there anything else I can do to get hold of my user name and password for this ancient account?

4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Delewa wrote:

Hi, I have used a @blueyonder.co.uk email for years and today it's totally blocked. It looks like I might have been hacked. But I don't know the user name or password so I can't sort things out online. I was on hold to Virgin customer service for over an hour and had to ring off because of a work call. Is there anything else I can do to get hold of my user name and password for this ancient account?

The user name is simply the full email address.  You can use the links on the following page to reset the password:

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

Can you also confirm that you are a Virgin Media broadband customer and that the email address concerned is correctly attached to your current account?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Delewa
On our wavelength

Thanks for replying. I really appreciate it. Yes, I have an active Virgin account (landline and broadband) but they are connected to a different email address. 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will need further advice from the VM Forum Team as to what your options are with this email account.  They are very busy at the moment so it may be a day or so before they respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

They will respond via this forum initially, then probably send you a private message that will also be accessible here.

10 REPLIES 10

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Delewa wrote:

The user name is simply the full email address.  You can use the links on the following page to reset the password:

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

Can you also confirm that you are a Virgin Media broadband customer and that the email address concerned is correctly attached to your current account?

Delewa
On our wavelength

Thanks for replying. I really appreciate it. Yes, I have an active Virgin account (landline and broadband) but they are connected to a different email address. 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In which case your blueyonder email address will be classed as an orphaned account and as such is liable to closure at any time.  You can read about orphaned accounts here:

Orphan Email accounts - Virgin Media Community - 3492073

Has the forgotten password route been of any use?  If you can get back into your account your should make sure you save any important emails and contact information that you have stored in the account.

Delewa
On our wavelength

I am worried as I use it for every single email in my private life and it has huge amounts of information I need as well as receiving emails from all kinds of places. Losing it is not really an option! I haven't tried the reset for the password as I am still at work, but I am concerned I won't know the security question and I don't receive any bills for the Blueyonder account and never have. I will try and come back to you shortly. Thanks for your help!

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You will need further advice from the VM Forum Team as to what your options are with this email account.  They are very busy at the moment so it may be a day or so before they respond.

Delewa
On our wavelength

Thanks. Will they contact me via the forum? Or should I reach out to them?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

They will respond via this forum initially, then probably send you a private message that will also be accessible here.

Delewa
On our wavelength

Ok, thanks. Hope they do! You've been really helpful, thanks.

Emily_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the post Delewa and welcome to our community.

I'll pop you over a private message so we can go through security and have this deleted. 

Thanks, Emily.