cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email not working

IamFatman
Tuning in

Evening,

My blueyonder email account is not working on my PC or through my mobile.

I have gone through the password change process and reset routers but it is still not working.

This is the message I receive

Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for [REMOVED]@blueyonder.co.uk.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for xxxxxxxx@blueyonder.co.uk. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).'

I've changed the front bit of the email for security.

Any help would be gratefully received

Thanks

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

15 REPLIES 15

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@IamFatman What, if any, error message do you get when accessing the email address concerned via VM webmail using this link? https://mail.virginmedia.com/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Graham, no errors when connecting to VM webmail.

Thanks

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@IamFatman  Good.  In which case using a generated app password should resolve the issue.  Once generated use the password in the incoming and outgoing server password fields of your email client.

VM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client. Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Graham, I thought the same but the generated app password hasn't worked (I've done it three times now over the past 7 days). The only thing I can think of is the server name. The instructions are based on a virginmedia email/servers. I'm using blueyonder.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Blueyonder emails use the same Virgin Media server settings as set out here:

The settings you need are:

IMAP settings (recommended)

Host Name: imap.virginmedia.com

Username: your full Virgin Media email address

Password: your Virgin Media email app password

Advanced settings

SSL Encryption: Enabled

Port: 993 (this may be automatically chosen by selecting SSL encryption)

POP3 settings

Host Name: pop3.virginmedia.com

Advanced settings:

Port: 995 (this may be automatically chosen by selecting SSL encryption)

SMTP settings

Host Name: smtp.virginmedia.com

Port: 465 (this might not be selected automating by enabling SSL, so please check)

Authentication: Password

If your app needs to save your settings, don’t forget to do so

Source; https://www.virginmedia.com/help/broadband/manage-email-account

Hi @IamFatman thanks for getting back to us.

Have you had an opportunity to follow the steps suggested by the fantastic Graham_A?  Please do let us know how things go?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi, ive the same issue but when following the instructions to generate an app password Im not able to see Mailbox App password management.

Had this issue for over a week now, just keep getting 'No password provided for Virginmedia' when trying to reset up on my iphone.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@sidB Some users have reported having to refresh the page a number of times to get the mail app password section to show.

Or try this link: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/account-settings/mail-settings

Hi @sidB thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear you've been unable to access your email app and update password. And sorry for any inconvenience this may be causing you.  Are you able to access via our webmail?  Also have you had the opportunity to follow the suggestions from Graham_A?  Please do let us know how things go.

Regards

Lee_R