cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email not working

Hoggins
Tuning in

Hi,

It seems there are some widespread issues on the usage of email hosted by Virgin? Since thursday, I have lost access to my @blueyonder account, and when talking to one of the service desk members, they themselves were unable to reset my password. They did confirm the account was still there, which was a relief!

I am reliant on this email address, and have important data I am awaiting.

Would it be possible to confirm if there is a widespread issue?

And yes, I have tried resetting passwords etc, this diddnt help!

Many thanks

8 REPLIES 8

Hoggins
Tuning in

Nothing, unfortunately 😞  Hopefully they will resolve the issue...

Hi Hoggins,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your email address. 

I have been unable to locate your account on our side but do wish to look into this for you. 

What I will do is private message you so I can get some details to look into this. 

^Martin

Hoggins
Tuning in
I think there should be something made stiky on this; I have the same issues, albeit I AM still a Virgin customer (at the moment!). I am told it will be at least 5 days to resolve this issue, albeit no indication given as to WHAT the issue is!! 😞 Very frustrating.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Hoggins wrote:
I think there should be something made stiky on this; I have the same issues, albeit I AM still a Virgin customer (at the moment!). I am told it will be at least 5 days to resolve this issue, albeit no indication given as to WHAT the issue is!! 😞 Very frustrating.

There has been a 'sticky' for some time relating to the issue of mailboxes being unavailable see here: Email accounts locked, mailbox unable, unable to a... - Virgin Media Community - 4808847

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

But alas, the sticky doesnt seem to apply to many of the cases reported here. I've been pointed to that about 3 times, and the fix suggested isnt working. I would suggest a more proactive view would be to look at why the accounts are locking in such numbers, and fix the underlying issue.

Thanks for coming back to us @Hoggins.

Have you received a private message from Martin?

If you have please can you respond to that message and we can get your issues looked into further, if you haven't yet received the private message, please respond to my private message and we can get your issues investigated.

Regards,

Steven_L

I am in exactly the same boat, the customer support is absolutely terrible. I raised a complaint, which was closed without any interaction with me... Raised a second complaint which I am told cannot be addressed until the issue is resolved... OK, that makes no sense.

The 2nd ticket I had to open (Again, the first being resolved with no action taken) was apparantly updated 3 days ago telling me to reset my password.... The issue of course being I CANT!!!  Oh, and no one contacted me to tell me this, just updated the ticket (And I assume emailed me!).

The issue is, I am told, with LDAP authentication against my userID.... 4 weeks now, with no access to what is my primary email account. Shocking.

If it wasnt for the fact virgin have better infra than the competition, I'd be leaving right now. This really is the worst customer service I've experianced.

I am in exactly the same boat, the customer support is absolutely terrible. I raised a complaint, which was closed without any interaction with me... Raised a second complaint which I am told cannot be addressed until the issue is resolved... OK, that makes no sense.

The 2nd ticket I had to open (Again, the first being resolved with no action taken) was apparantly updated 3 days ago telling me to reset my password.... The issue of course being I CANT!!!  Oh, and no one contacted me to tell me this, just updated the ticket (And I assume emailed me!).

The issue is, I am told, with LDAP authentication against my userID.... 4 weeks now, with no access to what is my primary email account. Shocking.

If it wasnt for the fact virgin have better infra than the competition, I'd be leaving right now. This really is the worst customer service I've experianced.