cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email not sending

videodoctor
Tuning in

For the last few days my blueyonder smtp sending emails has not been working.My wifes blueyonder email sending is also not working on a different device.

We can both receive emails via pop3 but trying to send fails.

Both our emails work perfectly on webmail where we can both send and receive them.

The issue seems to be with the smtp side of things.

I have changed my password as suggested in this forum but the sending of emails is still not working.

Everything was working fine a few days ago and no settings on any devices have been changed.

I have read on this forum that there was issues a few years ago with smtp and they got it resolved within a week.

Please help!

14 REPLIES 14

Thanks Videodoctor,

I similarly found I was unable to send blueyonder emails from my devices. I quickly realised that I needed to update my Apple Mail settings to use new virginmedia servers, my full email address and port 465, which was fine (How to set up my Virgin Media email on a device). But indeed meantime Id been included on a couple of SMTP blacklists. Whatsmyipaddress.com > show details > click to show blacklist status confirmed this. However these sites aren't easy to work with and on the whole seem to need VirginMedia to get involved to clear your listing. But in my case at least, this proved rather a red herring - for all I know it might have been blocked directly by VirginMedia while I was using old settings. The trouble is that simply updating your device settings doesnt automatically get you reinstated with VM - you also need to clear your device's 'blocked' status with VirginMedia. And indeed I was finding that I was unable to finalise the new settings with the device complaining of a 'missing password' even though Id definitely provided the right password. Turns out that this is a hint that I needed to change my account password in order to be able to clear the 'blocked' status on individual devices. I was also advised by VM to delete and reinstate my blueyonder.mail account on each problematic device. 

So all in all the solution for me was:
1. Confirm that the problem is device specific, and that virgin media webmail is still working ok.
2. Correct the problematic device settings How to set up my Virgin Media email on a device.
3. Change your account password. See Your email account has been locked
4. Delete and then reinstate the mail account on each blocked device
5. Send a test email to confirm everything is working ok now.

Hope that helps others,

Jim

We're glad to hear this is all sorted for you. 

^Martin

Hi I had this problem with Windows Live Mail.
It appeared that Virgin had done some tweeks and set the outgoing SMTP to require SSL authentication.
Whit caused the problem.
I went to the account properties and turned OFF SSL for incoming mail in the SMTP section.

All seem fine so far

regards Graham

Hi,
I find the SMTP.virginmedia.com dose not like SSL set

Hi @graham1001 thanks for posting.

And thanks for giving your fantastic support your fellow community members.  🙂

Regards

Lee_R