cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email lost access

gm21
Joining in

We have lost access to a blueyonder email address that had also been used as a login id for virgin media.  the email address cant have been deleted as it still is receiving emails with no error message - its just we cant access them anymore.  

We are no longer virgin media customers as we moved house to an area that virgin media dont cover but know the account number and the 3 family member email addresses set up when we were customers including one that has stopped working.

Can you allow us access to this email address to pick up any emails sent in since access was lost last week and to save important ones while we move everything away from the blueyonder emails.

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@gm21 wrote:

Can you allow us access to this email address to pick up any emails sent in since access was lost last week and to save important ones while we move everything away from the blueyonder emails.

What error message are you seeing when you try to access the email account from here https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  ?

If it is the "Mailbox unavailable" error then you could try resetting the password from here https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password   Enter the email address and supply the information that is requested. Set up a new password that you have never used before and see if that allows you to regain access.

If you are getting the "Please ensure you provide the email address you use to sign in to My Virgin Media." error when you try to change the password that strongly suggests that VM are in the process of deleting that email account. According to the Terms and Conditions of the Broadband account they should have done that 90 days after the broadband account was closed. Sadly they often seem to leave it for years before doing that.

You say "the email address cant have been deleted as it still is receiving emails with no error message - its just we cant access them anymore." What VM appear to do is to delete the Webmail account so you lose access to the account but in many cases the Mailbox itself is still left in limbo.

As you are no longer VM customers, VM support staff will be limited in what they can do for you.

However. you may well be able to access your emails yourself  via an email app (for example  on your phone) or via an email client on a laptop or pc. To put it simply, these access the Mailbox directly rather than via your webmail account so you should be able to download the emails you need.

Mozilla Thunderbird is a free email  client that you can download from here https://www.thunderbird.net . Setting it up is easy, you just enter the email address and password and it sets everything up automatically if you have the right password. That should allow you to download emails sent and received by that account that were formerly visible in webmail.

I would stress though that all your blueyionder or virginmedia.com  email accounts are in grave danger of disappearing completely so you need to move away from them as soon as possible.

I hope that helps (a bit at least).

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @gm21 thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

I would love to look into the issue of your email access issue on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R