Menu
API
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Blueyonder email - location of server (IMAP/POP) settings

Hi all, very new here, but have had blueyonder email for decades!  I want to change to a new provider, but don't want to lose all my emails, so am looking to change to POP3, download everything to my device, then close/switch broadband provider.  Any help on how to do this would be great.  I've gone into settings, both in the email and my virgin media account, but can't find any details.  I'd also need these if i wanted to import the emails to a new provider.

thank you so  much in advance

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Blueyonder email - location of server (IMAP/POP) settings

All the settings you need can be found here:

Email settings change - Virgin Media Community - 3369438

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

API
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

thank you so much for that Graham, that's really useful to have all the setting details - thing is I still can't seem to find where I can actually change them......as i mentioned in my original post, I want to change to POP3 so i can download everything to my laptop for when I change over to another email or broadband provider!

any pointers would really be appreciated. thank you again

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

When using an email client such as MS Outlook or Thunderbird you cannot change an existing connection from IMAP connection to POP.

You will need to add the address again and use the manual settings option to connect via POP3.  That said, I'm not sure that will help you achieve your goal.  A POP3 connection will only download the inbox content.

IMAP will allow you to copy the contents of all the folders on the VM servers to offline folders in your chosen email client so that they remain on your local storage should they be deleted from the VM servers.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
API
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

amazing Graham, I have managed to get all the emails and my folders in my blueyonder account imported over.  Am very grateful to you for your assistance 🙂

many thanks again