cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email issues

harr5
Tuning in

I have read the forums and see a number of issues with blueyonder email not sending.  i have followed the step by step instructions, it works for a few days, then i get the message again, settings incorrect unable to send.

This happens on my laptop and my iphone.  I have had no issues previously, this all started about 3 weeks ago.  Unsure what to do as this is my primary email that I use and to have to log in to webmail all the time is not feasible.

3 REPLIES 3

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It would be helpful to see what, if any, error code is returned by the SMTP server in this situation. Open a Command Shell window and enter the following where username:password is replaced with your email address and password, i.e. richard.branson@virginmedia.com:Y54kpX5g:

curl -v smtps://smtp.virginmedia.com -u username:password

Do not post the resulting output here but instead review it for possible reported causes and then post just the redacted part here or the VM error code.

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

525 5.7.13 Authentication Denied (VM305)
* Closing connection 0
* schannel: shutting down SSL/TLS connection with smtp.virginmedia.com port 465
curl: (67) Login denied

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The VM305 error indicate your network's public IP Address appears on Spamhaus's lists; their lists track source IP Addresses of spamming activity, To confirm this perform the following steps from the device that cannot send:

1. browse to https://duckduckgo.com/?q=ip&ia=answer and note the Your IP address is value
  2. go to https://www.spamhaus.org/lookup/
  3. enter the Your IP address is value (from step 1) in the Search single IP, domain or hash field and select Lookup
  4. follow the advice offered

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks