cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email inaccessible

aprings63
On our wavelength

Like so many other people on this forum I am having email issues and for a second time in a week or so cannot access email.

Last time changing password fixed it. This time it has not, agter doing so trying to access email by phone I get the usual guff try agajn in ab hour etc and trying by laptop says forbidden. 

This is happening  (and recurring) for so many people when nothing has changed on their personal set ups that something must have changed at Virgin. 

Why? What's going on? When will I be able to access email again?

17 REPLIES 17

Completely agree this is incredibly annoying.

Now happened to me for second time in a week or two, nothing has changed in my set up or usage but I am locked out again, presumably something going at virgin as this is a common and recurring issue on this forum but of course virgin will admit/say nothing other than follow the reset advice etc etc etc 

This problem has recurred for me, clearly something going on at virgin that they will not say or admit to as this is such a common issue on this forum 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Do you still have a Virginmedia broadband account?  If so you will be suffering one of the current problems that seem to be plaguing their email system.  Check the fixed threads at the top of the page, which have lots of advice.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

aprings63
On our wavelength

Hi, yes I do, in fact I have had a virgin account (TV, landline, broadband) for many many years.

Nothing in my set up on either mobile or laptop has changed, I could access email this morning for a couple of hours then suddenly I could not.

Last time this happened changing password fixed it. This time it has not. I can log in to my Virgin Media account with my new password but cannot access email. 

It says 'forbidden' when I try by mobile or laptop. 

So what has Virgin done, or changed, and when will this be fixed?

Just look at the number of forum entries having the same issue, in many cases recurring and, this time for others too, changing password has not fixed it.

All this BS about cookies, cache, virus checks  -  clearly from the number of people having this issue when nothing has changed means it is caused by Virgin. 

Please can someone tell me when Virgin will fix this?

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I think the answer is in your own hands. Why cling to a service that doesn't work for you, when there are other email services to choose from?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

aprings63
On our wavelength

I agree, but having used the blueyonder email for so many years I really need access again for a few weeks so I can go through everything and change all of my registered accounts to a new (most likely gmail) email address.

BRUN
On our wavelength

this has happened to me many times over the last few weeks/months, usually a password change and waiting an hour does sort it though can sometimes take longer, but nobody seems to have an answer why this is happening so often

I also have the 'Forbidden' message today which I have not seen before

aprings63
On our wavelength

Thanks, and I agree the forbidden message is new to me too. And others by the look of it.

It's beyond coincidence  -  Virgin please fix this asap.

BRUN
On our wavelength

I think I need to move over my email to something more reliable, the last few months its been on and off many times, just like the boradband from virgin media, the email is unreliable too