cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email hacked

RobertEng
Tuning in

Hi team

This happened to me on the 20th Jan.  Its has been horrible, as they took over my facebook and instagram and also using my email to spam and check other accounts login.  I have called Virgin 6 times, they promised to change password and 3 times they just changed the virgin media password.  Every time I call they want a full history and havent much clue how to help me.    I am still seeing activity every day and its so stressful.  Virgin promised 3 times to delete my blueyonder email account but still havent.  Is am at my wits end.  Please help!  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @RobertEng, thanks for getting back to me privately.  
This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @RobertEng,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear that you're facing some issues regarding a potentially compromised email address/account. What happens exactly when you attempt to reset the password for the account yourself? Is that possible? Can you also confirm if the email address is linked to an account with an active broadband service?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach

I am unable to reset this password.  I can only change my virgin media password, and as some of the phone support have found, when they beleive they are changing the blueyonder password - they end up changing my virgin media password.  This has been frustrating as they all seem to not understand the blueyonder email is hosted by virgin but has a different password.

Yes I do have an active virgin media account and the email address (and its alias) are linked to this account.  I have however got a seperate email as I dont want any messages to the compromised email as its bein accessed 

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @RobertEng, thanks for getting back to me privately.  
This is just a quick note to confirm you're satisfied with the response and efforts of the forum team?  Remember, if you ever need assistance in the future, our fantastic community and forum team are always willing to lend a hand. Please bear in mind, you can manage your account from here. Your online account, will give you access to your bills, show your package details, diagnose any possible faults and monitor any orders and appointments you may have. 
Regards
Lee_R 

Thanks again for your help! 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem at all RobertEng,

Thanks for your cooperation.

If you do have any future queries then don't hesitate to pop back up to the team for further assistance. 

Take care,

Kain

Dazzah45
Joining in

Please help as this exact thing has happened to me !! 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Dazzah45 

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your email.

I'll drop you a private message now to collect some more information and investigate further, keep an eye on your inbox for a message from myself.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs