cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email hacked, plz help.

Maha
Tuning in

Hello, I have 3 blueyonder email address's, my main one that I use, and 2 others that I set up for my parents to use.

We really need those 2 others to be deleted please as one of them has been hacked.

Also the 2 others are not being used now anyway - my mum passed away recently & dad has stopped using his.

It's important though that only the 2 get deleted please and not my main which I use and is fine.

Sorry for the trouble & thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Maha You should be able to do this yourself. 

Sign into your main blueyonder account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password.

Once logged in click on Account Settings then Account details. Scroll down the page until you see Manage other My Virgin Media accounts.  Click on this option and locate the email addresses that you want to delete then press the delete account option.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Maha You should be able to do this yourself. 

Sign into your main blueyonder account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password.

Once logged in click on Account Settings then Account details. Scroll down the page until you see Manage other My Virgin Media accounts.  Click on this option and locate the email addresses that you want to delete then press the delete account option.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Hi, thanks for the help & I have done what you suggested.

I'm a little confused though, does this properly delete the email address's so they can no longer be used or just unlink them from my virgin account or something like that?

I have been reading alot of posts here on the vm forums where peoples email accounts have been hacked & they all seem to suggest the email accounts can only be deleted by the virgin IT team?

Thanks for any help.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Maha It should completely delete the email account from the VM systems.

To confirm that this is the case send an email to the address concerned.  You should receive a non delivery message stating that the mailbox doesn't exist.

Hi, thanks again. 

I tried that, but didn't get any sort of non delivery message.

I used the virgin web mail, if that makes any difference.

Thanks.

Hi Maha, thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear your email address has been compromised. I'm also sorry to hear that you've been unable to delete your mailbox and for any inconvenience your experience may be causing you.  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf. I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R 

Hi & Thanks.

Hi @Maha, thanks for getting back to me privately.

I will continue to liaise with you via private message.

Regards

Lee_R

hello, my Blueyonder email account has also been hacked, have tried to change password but to no avail, tried phoning VM but you need a bill and account number to pass clearance and i haven't had an actual account (tv etc) for years and they weren't very helpful to be honest.

I've changed my email addresses on all my important things as they got into my instagram and tried changing the password on various other sites but they are still tying to set things up like new uber accounts etc.

can someone from VM please help 🙏

thanks in advance   

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Tich75,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Many apologies for the issues faced, just from checking our forums however I can see that our team has taken this into a PM.

To avoid confusion we'll allow responses to occur from there.

Regards,

Kain