cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email alias

Sarahwl
Tuning in

Please could someone tell me how I check if my VM account (which was set up years ago with a blueyonder email address) has any aliases attached to it. Looking in my VM account there is not a secondary account but there are a number of other blueyonder email addresses which seemed to be associated with it. I want to confirm if they are aliases. I'm trying to reset the password for one of these and I'm not sure how.

Thanks very much

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Sarahwl wrote:

Please could someone tell me how I check if my VM account (which was set up years ago with a blueyonder email address) has any aliases attached to it. Looking in my VM account there is not a secondary account but there are a number of other blueyonder email addresses which seemed to be associated with it. I want to confirm if they are aliases. I'm trying to reset the password for one of these and I'm not sure how.

Thanks very much

If the email addresses are showing as alternate emails under the My Profile page in the Virgin Media Mail section then they are aliases of the parent account shown in the line above as Virgin Media Mail address.

The aliases all share the same password and mailbox as the parent address.  The password can be changed in the section at the top of the My Profile tab 'Username and Password' by clicking on the red link 'change' next to password.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Probably, especially if you are using the VM Mail webpage on the tablet.  You can only use the parent address to sign in with but any emails sent to the alias address will appear in the inbox.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Sarahwl wrote:

Thanks very much

If the email addresses are showing as alternate emails under the My Profile page in the Virgin Media Mail section then they are aliases of the parent account shown in the line above as Virgin Media Mail address.

The aliases all share the same password and mailbox as the parent address.  The password can be changed in the section at the top of the My Profile tab 'Username and Password' by clicking on the red link 'change' next to password.

Thank you for your help. 

Would this by why I can't log into my emails on an Amazon tablet using one of the aliases? Maybe I can only use the primary account email address for this?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Probably, especially if you are using the VM Mail webpage on the tablet.  You can only use the parent address to sign in with but any emails sent to the alias address will appear in the inbox.