Menu
Highlighted
coenoby
Well-informed
Message 11 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blueyonder email account

@Philhackett35 wrote:

is there anyway to test it my @virginmedia.com email is still active?

As Graham_A has said, you can enter the address here http://mailtester.com/

Alternatively. what happens when you enter the user name and password for the email account here  https://mail.virginmedia.com ?

Coenoby

I am just another Virgin Media customer.
If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
Philhackett35
Tuning in
Message 12 of 22
Flag for a moderator

When I enter the email / password it allows me into the account, however that’s the email I used to register for myvirginmedia.

im wondering if my old account from old address had blueyonder & virginmedia.com emails assigned to it, but I used the virginmedia.com to register the new myvirginmedia account - that would explain why I can login I think.

ive tried the mailtester for both email addresses and get a red bar appear to say not valid :-/ guessing I’ve lost my email !

0 Kudos
coenoby
Well-informed
Message 13 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@Philhackett35 wrote:

im wondering if my old account from old address had blueyonder & virginmedia.com emails assigned to it, but I used the virginmedia.com to register the new myvirginmedia account - that would explain why I can login I think.

I don't think that is possible unless VM did something special for you when you set up the new account. It may need the Forum Team to arrange to see exactly what is going on with your My Virgin Media account.

ive tried the mailtester for both email addresses and get a red bar appear to say not valid :-/ guessing I’ve lost my email !

In that case I am surprised that you also said "When I enter the email / password it allows me into the account, however that’s the email I used to register for myvirginmedia." Are we talking about 2 different @virginmedia.com email accounts?

Coenoby

If someone posts a useful reply you can say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up sign in their post.
If someone posts a message that solves your problem it helps everyone if you mark their post as a Helpful Answer
0 Kudos
Philhackett35
Tuning in
Message 14 of 22
Flag for a moderator

No same account

Is there a way to flag with a moderator to follow-up? Haven’t heard anything back from Melissa 

0 Kudos
coenoby
Well-informed
Message 15 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@Philhackett35 wrote:

Is there a way to flag with a moderator to follow-up? Haven’t heard anything back from Melissa 

With all due respect, before that happens we need make it clear to them what the situation is. They are a new team and I for one am still uncertain that I fully understand what is going on with your email accounts.

Here is what I think we know:

1) You had 2 VM email accounts, a virginmedia.com and a blueyonder.co.uk and the blueyonder email account was linked to a old closed broadband account.

2) You originally asked for the blueyonder email account to be deleted.

3) It would seem that Mellisa_F has actioned that request because you can no longer access the email account or find any trace of it on mailtester.com. So original mission accomplished.Smiley Happy

4) However, the status of your virginmedia,com email account now seems to be in doubt.

On the one hand when I asked you to sign into it via the the VM Webmail page you said "When I enter the email / password it allows me into the account," So to me that says the account still exists....but...

On the other hand, when you enter the address into Mailtester it comes up as invalid. (Mailtester is not infallible but if it is incorrect it is usually where Mailtester says the account is valid but it is in fact inaccessible.)

Also, That virginmedia.com address is "the email I used to register for myvirginmedia" and when you log into your myvirginmedia account you cannot see the email address listed.

Ok, If your happy that I have not misinterpreted what you have posted then I think we need to ask the Forum_Team:

a) whether your virginmedia.com email account  got deleted at the same time as your blueyonder account, or

b) for confirmation that it does still exist.

Have I got anything wrong? Apologies  if I have but we cannot see what you can see so we can only go by the exact words that you post.

Coenoby

Philhackett35
Tuning in
Message 16 of 22
Flag for a moderator

No I think you’ve hit the nail on the head re assessing the problem.

Only two things to add

1. I worked at VM for 11 years hence why I had an old blueyonder / staff account. Whether this impacts at all I don’t know, but I’ve got a feeling when I left VM in 2016 I was assigned a new account number & account. At the same time I did a M&T to a new address, which means the original @virginmedia address could have been linked to my staff account, as well as the blueyonder - totally my fault if that’s the case!

2. This morning I used the @virginmedia address to login & access ‘myvirginmedia’ through a desktop & clicked on the email tab. The email showing there now is an @virginmedia address but not one I’ve ever used before, which leads me even further to believe the original @virginmedia address has been deleted / was connected to the blueyonder account

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 17 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi Philhacket35, I've let Mel know and she will be in touch this afternoon Smiley Happy 

Emma_C - Forum Team
Superuser
Superuser
Message 18 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@ModTeam

I am referring this issue to the VM Forum Team because every time the OP answers our questions we get new and surprising nuggets of information which have a distinct bearing on the matter and which tend to upset our lines of thought about to resolve this.

The VM users who are trying to help can only go so far because we cannot see what the status of these accounts are.

I wonder what the Forum Team will make of this cats cradle of e-mail addresses and accounts. Glad I don't have to untangle it.

and well done to @coenoby  for managing to wade through the mass of detail to get this far. He deserves a medal (well kudos anyway).

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 19 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@Melissa_F 

@Emma_C 

Melissa needs to make sure she reads and digests the latest development in this saga.  It is not straightforward. There are former staff accounts involved as well as a current VM account. 

-----------------------

Superuser 18/19.
Use Kudos to say thanks
Tick an answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
coenoby
Well-informed
Message 20 of 22
Flag for a moderator

@HowardML

Thank you Howard and Emma_C.

Hopefully the OP will get a satisfactory outcome. I hope that we wlll get an update to confirm the outcome.

I would also thank Philhackett35 for his patience, posters sometimes get, shall we say "tetchy" in these circumstances.Smiley Wink

Coenoby