cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder email IMAP / SMTP not working in Android Gmail App

superhoop73
On our wavelength

Hi there

My Android Gmail app has not received any Blueyonder emails via IMAP since 8.30am this morning. I cannot send anything through this app either right now. But webmail is working fine and has been receiving email all day.

Any ideas what might have happened? Is IMAP / SMTP down for anyone else?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Difficult to guess, my Gmail app seems to stop working from time to time but usually resolves by clearing the app data.

With VM mail the password databases sometimes get out of sync and this is usually resolved by a password change.  So it may be worth creating an app password as described above and use that in the Gmail app for the blueyonder email.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@superhoop73 Have you recently changed the password for the blueyonder email address?

If so there is a further change you need to make. VM have recently changed the log in requirements for accessing VM Mail via third party apps.

If you change the password for the account in My Virgin Media > Account settings > Account details you will not be able to use the new password to access the account via an email client. Email client access now requires an app specific password which can be generated in the MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App password management

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

Thank you Graham for the swift response. Thing is, I haven't changed the password for this account. So what might have happened in this scenario please?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Difficult to guess, my Gmail app seems to stop working from time to time but usually resolves by clearing the app data.

With VM mail the password databases sometimes get out of sync and this is usually resolved by a password change.  So it may be worth creating an app password as described above and use that in the Gmail app for the blueyonder email.