cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder e-mail "needs password" on Ipad

Hoda70
Joining in

Hi Everyone

Last night my wife's IPAD started saying there was no password associated with my wife's e-mail account.  I have checked and the password in entered into the settings (as always). I have changed the password but still get the error message and she can not log into the blueyonder e-mail?.  This is a second e-mail address of my main account.  I can log into virgin media e-mails no problem for the main account.

Any suggestions would be great 

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Hoda70 wrote:

I have changed the password but still get the error message and she can not log into the blueyonder e-mail?. 

What error message is shown when you log into the Webmail account from here: https://mail2.virginmedia.com/  ?

If it is the "Your email account is not available...................." message try resetting the password again but make sure you change it to a combination of letters and numbers that you have not used before. Then leave it 30 minutes before accessing the account again.

Post back here if that still does not work

On the other hand if you get a different error message when you try to log in from that link then post that error here.

By the way, sadly you cannot take the error messages reported by email apps too literally. Whenever an email server refuses to allow access the apps tend to default to saying it's a password issue, often it's a more fundamental problem.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi

Thanks for the message.  Seems to be fixed now after I changed my password.

Thanks again

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Hoda70 wrote:

Thanks for the message.  Seems to be fixed now after I changed my password.

That's good news, thanks for coming back with the update.

If it happens again follow the full  advice  from VM here https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-to-access-email 

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @Hoda70,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post.

Sorry to hear you were having some issues with your email account and glad to see the advice by @coenby to reset your password worked 🙂

If you need anything else, don't hesitate to reach out. 

Have a lovely day!

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs