cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder.co.uk email account has disappeared

donald16
Joining in

One of our family @blueyonder.co.uk email accounts has just disappeared. The last emails received on the account were dated 27th Dec at 0056 and since then both the iphone and the laptop accessing the account have been met with the response:

No password provided for "Blueyonder.co.uk"

The email account is also not listed in the 'Manage Accounts' tab so it has literally disappeared.

7 REPLIES 7

jem101
Superstar

Do you know for a fact that the account in question has ever been listed under the Manage Accounts tab?

Good question. Not an absolute certainty as I have not looked at the email accounts for more than six years.

The missing account has been in use for 10 years next month and I can't see how it would have been created if not through that tab.

Corey_C

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, donald16,

Sorry to hear that you have experienced this. Could the mailbox have belonged to another media account besides the one you are look at? If that media account is no longer active then unfortunately the associated mailboxes may have been deleted.

thanks,

Corey C

Hello Corey

There has only ever been one account for our Blueyonder/Virgin Media broadband service and nothing has changed in this account for a very long time (apart from the monthly fee).

I sent a test email to the missing account on the 28th and it hasn't bounced yet.

Hi @donald16

Thanks for coming back to us!

I'll pop you a PM so we can confirm some details and take a closer look into this for you.

Cheers 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

What appears to have happened is this:

1. An email account was set up (for example) f_last@blueyonder.co.uk and this was used for a couple of years.
2. An alias for this account was set up as first_last@blueyonder.co.uk I think that Blueyonder allowed up to four aliases per email account.
3. Email clients logged in as f_last@ but all email gradually came be only for first_last@.
4. As laptops and phones changed, the email clients were set up to use the alias first_last@ and this worked.
5. The first_last@ alias login stopped working on the 27th Dec.

Although we can now access the email again by changing the email clients to login as f_last@ we still have the problem that the email address first_last@blueyonder.co.uk does not exist in the email account configuration and it cannot be re-created because 'new' email addresses have to belong to the virginmedia.com domain.

Hi donald16,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear some of your email addresses are no longer able to be accessed, I will be more than happy to look further into this for you, in order to do this I will need to invite you into a private chat, I will send this shortly, once received please click on the purple envelope to start? ^PDe