Menu
Highlighted
chipmonk91
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Blueyonder address cant access emails

I have just gone onto my emails after 2 weeks and it says problem with server. It is a blueyonder account but I am no longer with virgin

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Blueyonder address cant access emails

First point, if you no longer have a virgin media broadband account then your associated email address should have been closed down 90 days after ceasing to be a customer.

VM haven't been good at deleting these old accounts in the past but maybe they are now catching up with them.

You could check with an online email checker such as mailtester.com to see what that says the status of the email address is.

chipmonk91
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I didn't know that it must be 5 years since I left.  Will all my emails from the last 2 weeks be gone now?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi chipmonk91,

Thank you for reaching out with your concerns, I'm sorry that you've been unable to access your emails.

Graham is correct in that your email address would usually be removed within 90 days, and that we have recently been completing this process for a number of legacy accounts. This may mean that yours is one of those which has now been purged, although we have been emailing to advise of this in advance.

Have you had a look at mailtester.com to check the current status of the mailbox?

Could you also let me know whether you would usually access this account via our webmail service or a third party client (Outlook, Thunderbird etc)?

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos