cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder account

Lukewass
Tuning in

Hi guys, 

Tonight my Blueyonder email stopped working.

from memory the account was an alias I think but I’ve always used it as my main email. I’m certain the password is correct but I can no longer log in. 

any help would be greatly appreciated. 

cheers

12 REPLIES 12

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried resetting the password via this link Forgotten your Password? | Reset Here | Virgin Media?

Is the email account linked to an active Virgin Media broadband account or has it been less than 90 days since it was terminated?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply. unfortunately the account in question was set up as an alias, (I think) it’s odd it’s stopped working I’ve been using it for 10 years or more. 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Lukewass wrote:

Hi, 

Thanks for the reply. unfortunately the account in question was set up as an alias, (I think) it’s odd it’s stopped working I’ve been using it for 10 years or more. 

@Lukewass wrote:

Hi, 

If it is an alias then it will share the same password and mailbox as the parent email address.  Have you tried changing the password for its parent?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, 

thanks for the reply. I’ve tried the password to what I think is the parent account but still have no luck. It only stopped working middle of the afternoon yesterday.. the account is old but has been used daily since I had it. 

Are virgin able check if the mailbox is still active? If I provided details etc 

Thanks, 

Luke 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

They should be able to when they reach this thread in a day or so.  Do not post the account details here but wait for the Team to request them by Private Message.  They will also ask you to confirm that the email addresses concerned are attached to your current Virgin Media broadband account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Graham, 

great, thanks for the information, very helpful. I’ll await a response from virgin. 

Many Thanks,

Luke 

Hi Luke,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear the Email address you have used for the past 10 years has stopped working, I was unable to locate you with the details we have for you, can I ask, are you still a Virgin Media Customer, if so is it still the account associated with the Email?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul,

The account was set up for me by a family member when I was a bit younger and I’ve used it ever since. Due to it not going wrong in the past we have never had to do anything with it. I’m certain it will be a sub email (alias) or under 1 of 2 main accounts.I’d rather not post information in this open chat if possible. 

Just to confirm. 

“can I ask, are you still a Virgin Media Customer, if so is it still the account associated with the Email?” My dad is and has been continuously since setting up the mailbox.

I'm also a virgin media customer but the blueyonder mailbox isn’t hosted by my account - if that makes sense

can share some account details via private message if needed.

strange that the password I have on record for the mailbox no longer works. When configuring via the iPhone email app I get a “password not provided” error.