cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder account saying no password provided

h1lleh
Tuning in

Hi; my blueyonder account when trying to access via my iPhone is saying no password is provided, which isn’t the case the password is there and is correct. 

the email is associated to my virgin account (still a current subscriber to phone, tv and mobile, broadband). 
can someone have a look and see if this is a wider issue or if there’s something wrong with the account please?

12 REPLIES 12

h1lleh
Tuning in

I’m getting the same issue with my BY email address; 

on the iPhone, I get the error: no password provided for blueyonder.co.uk

please go to mail account settings and add in a password;

but the password is there. It’s just stopped working. Think the BY domain needs looking at?

[MOD EDIT: I have moved your post to its own thread to ensure you get the replies needed]

Thanks for the  of moving the posts;

just to confirm, I’m still getting the issue this morning. I can’t get into my blueyonder emails via the mail app within iOS; never been a problem previously. 
last mail to my blueyonder account was yesterday at 12:56, then it just stopped working. 

Thanks for your posts @h1lleh, and I'm sorry to hear of the issues with the E-Mail account

Can you please advise me if you're able to log into the account via our Webmail function?

Do you have issues with any other devices that use this application?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

It says mailbox is unavailable at this moment. 

no other devices that I use for this. Always used my phone for mails generally - it just randomly started when stated - no upgrades, no new devices etc. just stoped working. 

Thank you for that information. Can you confirm if you have an active Virgin Media Broadband account?

^Martin

I do; I have phone, broadband and tv through yourselves. 

Still facing the same issues; is there anything I can try, or anything else a tech guy can do on the server side please? Clearly something has gone wrong with the account, through no fault of my own, and I’m left without what is my primary email for the last 10+ years. 

First try following the advice given here: https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

If you still have an issue post again..

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

I’ve attempted to reset the password by following the instructions. Go to My Profile, put in a new password - graphic comes up saying updating but never says if it’s worked, or not. Just disappears;

made the change 8 hours ago - still unable to access the mailbox through my phone or webmail.