cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder account help

v8pel
Joining in

Hi guys I wonder if anyone can help me , my wife and me have Blueyonder email accounts from an old virgin account, we have a new account and the blueyonder accounts are not on it!

my blueyonder account has stopped working , I cannot access it , it seems the password has been changed and I cannot access it to change the password 

can any one help it has some very important emails stored on it 

thanks 

8 REPLIES 8

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@v8pel wrote:

my blueyonder account has stopped working , I cannot access it , it seems the password has been changed and I cannot access it to change the password 

So what error message do you get when you sign in to your Blueyonder email account from here https://mail.virginmedia.com ? Is it "Your mailbox is unavailable"

If it is, you could try resetting your password from here https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password 

Enter your Blueyonder address as the Username and follow the prompts. When asked to enter your new password I would try entering the old password (if you still know it) rather than a completely new one.

Once that has gone through. wait about 15 minutes and try signing in again  from the first link I gave.  That might re-enable your email account.

If that fails, or you are seeing the"Username or password not recognised" error message your best bet is to wait for one of the Forum Team (VM employees) who support this forum to contact you via this thread.

They will take your details securely via the Forum's private message (PM) facility and are best placed to help you with this.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes email address not recognised , can’t sign in to change the password, spoken to virgin media , it’s not on our new account, my wife’s blueyonder works fine just mine seams to have been hacked and password changed , if I try to use it on my phone it says password not recognised 

User name not recognised is the message like the account has been shut down , I have had this Email account for 12 yrs, can the virgin IT guys get it back up and running for me possibly?

Perry 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@v8pel wrote:

User name not recognised is the message like the account has been shut down , I have had this Email account for 12 yrs, can the virgin IT guys get it back up and running for me possibly?

Perry 

As the email addresses concerned are not linked to your current VM broadband account then the chances of getting them restored are very slim.

When you took out the new VM broadband account that would have been the time to get the email addresses moved to your new account.

VM have since tightened the rules for Move and Transfers.  If your old account and the new account are in exactly the same account holder name it may still be possible.

The process would wipe out any email addresses set up on the current account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hey @v8pel,

Welcome to the community and thanks for getting in touch with us here on the forums with this mailbox issue.

Have you been with Virgin Media throughout the period and moved property or left our services and then came back to us?

When was the last time that you accessed your mailbox?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi yes we left for a short time , went with Sky but changed back again 

Hi the last time I accessed it was three weeks ago , then it just suddenly stopped working 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @v8pel

I'm going to private message you now to take a look into this further, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs