cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder Your mailbox is not available

IanBailey
Tuning in

Hello!

I'm now getting desperate as I can no longer access my emails from my blueyonder account.

My last email was received on January 30th and nothing since. 

If I try and log in on the VM site I get the message 'Your mailbox is not available at the moment'

I've spoken to Virgin on 150 for 40 minutes and he gave up, tried on Twitter and they gave up. So here I am.

I've tried everything suggested. Why is it so difficult if VM control the web accounts???

6 REPLIES 6

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@IanBailey When you say you have tried everything suggested does this include changing the password to a unique one that you have never used before?

Can you confirm that the email address concerned is tied to your current VM broadband account?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Graham,

I can't actually get into my account to change the password. I've changed my VM password a few times but to no avail. 

I don't know if the address is tied to my VM account but I've had the address for years and have accessed it through the VM website.

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If your primary username email is different to the blueyonder email address concerned then the way to change the password for secondary accounts changed last year.

Each email address now has its own My VM account

Secondary account changes now have to be made via the My Virgin Media account for the secondary email.

Sign into the account here: https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media using the email address concerned and the current password. Once logged in click on Account Settings then Account details. You should now see the options to change password etc.

If that isn't available try https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/forgotten-details/password

If no security answers have been set for the email address concerned then you will need to call in for support and select technical issues> email

Edited to add: You should be able to see if the address is attached to your current VM broadband account by signing in to your primary My Virgin Media account.  Click on Account Settings then Account details and scroll down the page to the final section which is Manage other My Virgin Media accounts.  This page should show all email addresses that are part of the account.

As stated above you cannot change secondary account passwords from that page.  You need to sign out and then follow the steps above this edit.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

No, still getting the same response that my mailbox is unavailable.

I'm going round in circles. I can't believe a company as big as Virgin can't sort such a small thing.

Looks like another lengthy, and probably fruitless call to 150 is my next option.

Thanks for your help

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@IanBailey wrote:

No, still getting the same response that my mailbox is unavailable.

I'm going round in circles. I can't believe a company as big as Virgin can't sort such a small thing.

Looks like another lengthy, and probably fruitless call to 150 is my next option.

Thanks for your help

You don't actually say if you have managed to change the password for the blueyonder email address concerned or not.

The VM Forum Team staff are best placed to help you with this when they reach this thread but they will ask the same questions that I have before they can investigate further.

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi IanBailey, thanks for reaching out on our help forum and 
a warm welcome to our community!

We're sorry to see you're having an issue accessing your email account and the frustration this has caused you.

We are always happy to assist with these, could you please tell us if you're using a client software (such as Outlook) to access your mailbox or you're doing this from a browser?

Also, could you let us know what error you're getting each time you try accessing the emails? 
Is this the same email you use to access MyVM online or not?

Have you tried to reset your password for this email here and is this process successful, if so?
In this case we'd advise to try changing the password to a new, unique and secure one that has never been used before for this account.

Lastly, it would be great if you can also test this from a different browser and/or device to see if the same error occurs.

Please kindly advise on the above and we'll be glad to assist further.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs