cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder - Send/Receive emails

Robert345
Joining in

I have added my old blueyonder email address to my virginmedia account and sent an email successfully to another account and replied but the reply has not arrived and the virgin email account doesn't show any emails being sent, I am attempting to retrieve the account as there are messages to blueyonder I need to see, any suggestions?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

12 REPLIES 12

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you able to sign directly  into the blueyonder.co.uk account from here, https://mail2.virginmedia.com?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Yes but it is only a subsidiary account on my virginmail.com account and doesn't show either that I sent or received emails despite me having sent an email to another account, despite having received it and replied! 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For clarity, when presented webmail sign in page do you enter virginmedia.com email address or your blueyonder.co.uk email address? If the latter then when sending an email it should appear in your Sent objects folder; if not shown select View ▾ > Folder view

I sent from the Blueyonder address and it arrived from the Blueyonder address but no other trace, I cannot sign in to the Blueyonder address I can only sign in to the Virginmedia address, if I have time I will contact Virgin again and request more help, thanks for your interest.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In the unlikely event phone support are unable to help…

What error message do you see when signing into webmail with your blueyonder.co.uk address?
2022-01-04.jpeg

You mentioned that you sign in with your virginmedia.com account and then receive and send using your blueyonder.co.uk email address which indicates it was setup via add email account option, as highlighted below.
2022-01-04-a.jpeg

In that case emails sent via the blueyonder.co.uk account would appear under its folder hierarchy in the Sent folder as highlighted below:
2022-01-04-b.jpeg

FYI location of special folders, like Sent, can be determined by:

• select ☰ > Settings > Accounts
  • select Edit option for blueyonder.co.uk account
  • scroll down to Standard folders section
  • confirm Sent messages folder is correctly set (default is Sent folder

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Robert345

Thanks for posting!

Are you able to send/receive after following the above steps?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I can the send but cannot receive and there is no trace that I sent on the Blueyonder Account

Hi Robert345

Thanks for coming back to us. Please can you clarify something, when you've said you've added the Blueyonder email to your account - How was this done please?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I have obtained a virginmedia.com email address and added the blueyonder name and sent an email in that that arrived name but the reply didn't arrive.