cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder Email account stopped working

mandyS1
Tuning in

My husbands Blueyonder email address removed has stopped working suddenly with the Error: Cannot connect to the server, it is very important this continues to work as it is his work email as A PC Repairer. The help section is a mine field and can't get anywhere with it. I hope a VM Forum Member can help me solve the issue please. VERY URGENT

11 REPLIES 11

Hi to all who offered suggestions, we have tried them all and the blueyonder email address fails to work, much to my husbands disappointment.

Is there a number we can ring that we don't get sent round the houses on, someone who we can specifically get to look into this email issue ?

Regards

Mandy

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@mandyS1 wrote:

Is there a number we can ring that we don't get sent round the houses on, someone who we can specifically get to look into this email issue ?

There is a number you can call, 150 from  VM landline or mobile, however I cannot guarantee the rest of your sentence. The VIP's like @jem101 and myself regularly find ourselves dealing with VM customers who have been misled by some of the agents on that helpline. Also, if as I suspect your husband is using Microsoft Outlook to manage his Blueyonder account they may well refer you to "VM Gadget Rescue" which is a paid for service and I would strongly advise against using them.

Before you reach for your phone, please bear with my and I'll recap where we are with your issue.

The basic error "cannot connect to server" could have several causes:

• Your husband's Blueyonder account has been closed by VM because it is no longer linked to a live VM Broadband account.

That is a distinct possibility because you have said he originally had his own VM account but you "took it over". To do that I think that VM would have had to set up a new VM account in you name and they may not have linked your husband's email account to the new account correctly. At the moment VM are having a purge and closing  these 'orphan' accounts without warning.  That is what @jem101 was checking in his post when he asked you to sign in to your My Virgin Media account and check whether your husband's email account is listed there.

• Your husband's  email account has been locked by VM because their security system detected what they deem "suspicious activity" on the account.

That is happening to many, many VM email users at the moment and was what I was trying to determine when I asked you or him to try signing into his  email account directly on the VM website. The error message lots of poeple are getting from the website is "Your mailbox is not available at the moment............" and it also prevents email apps  from accessing the account with a number of different error messages.

However, you have said that both those possibilities have been checked and that everything is ok.

Then moving back to the error message. 'ERROR: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or ISP'

Is there a part of the message you have not provided? Perhaps:

'Synchronizing subscribed folders for *** Your husband's address ***.' reported error (0x800CCC0E)"

Outlook normally then goes to give the text exactly as you've quoted.

Error 0x800CCC0E is another catch all Microsoft error that can have may causes. Sorry to say the most common one is a problem with the email settings, so despite his protestations it would be wise to check them. 

Sometimes it is just a temporary glitch with the server, I get that now and again but when retry it normally works fine.

It would be worth you doing an online search for error 0x800CCC0E but here is one to get you started:*https://www.nucleustechnologies.com/blog/how-to-resolve-imap-error-0x800ccc0e/ 

If I am right with the 0x800CCC0E error it is a case of working through all the possible causes, a process that I am sure your husband is used to doing when faced with a hardware problem. In my experiences with hardware and software issues there is rarely a silver bullet.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks