Menu
Highlighted
PaulH1976
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Blueyonder Email Hacked , Cant Change Password

My Blueyonder email has been hacked I cant login to reset the password as Virgin say it hasnt been moved to my new account. However I can still send and receive emails so it is still active. I need to regain access as the hackers as causing havoc.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Blueyonder Email Hacked , Cant Change Password

These just get worse and worse. Why wasn't your BY address transferred across to your new account when you( obviously) moved home?  Not having had that done complicates this beyond measure.

Do you still want to keep the BY address? I presume you do. On that assumption we shall have to see whether VM can move the address to your new account where it replace any existing e-mail addresses and all their contents on the VM servers. Those addresses will be lost and that is how the system works. VM can then change the password for you and give you back control and you can then change it to something you want.

But if you don't want to keep the address VM can delete it for you. They will not give you control back unless they can do the move and transfer.

Bit of a rock and a hard place isn't it. 

You decide and wait for the VM staff here to reach this thread which they do pretty quickly.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
PaulH1976
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I would like to keep it and I dont use any of the other virgin media email accounts, if I cant keep it I just want it deleted. Thanks for your help Ill wait for Virgin to pick this up.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi PaulH1976,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. 

My apologies the email address wasn't transferred over with the move. 

As you wish to keep the email address I will need to private message you so we can look into this further to see what can be done. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
PaulH1976
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Martin sorted this , really helpful!!