cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blueyonder EMail Account Password

Coxyboy123
Joining in

Hi

I have been using an old blueyonder email address that is linked to an old account that I used to have. It's all working fine but I need to try and recover the password for the email account but it's asking for the original account ID which I can't remember. I'm still a Virgin account customer but my old account is not linked to my new account. Is there a way I can discover or reset the password. I have devices that can still access the email it but I'm trying to set it up on a new device?

Many Thanks

Ian

4 REPLIES 4

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Coxyboy123 wrote:

I have devices that can still access the email it but I'm trying to set it up on a new device?

If you can still access the email account without having to enter your password when you sign in to the Virgin Media Webmail service it means that the password is  saved in your browser.

An online search for "view saved passwords in........." chrome / edge / firefox / or whichever browser you use, will give you instructions on how to see the password stored in your browser.

Alternatively, you could try resetting the password from here https://my.virginmedia.com/forgot-details/password Enter your Blueyonder email address as your username and follow the prompts

However, be aware as that Blueyonder account is not linked to your current broadband account then it could be deleted at any time without notice. VM are supposed to delete such 'orphaned' email accounts 90 days after  the broadband account has been closed. In practice such accounts often linger on for a long time before VM catch up with them but they always do............eventually.😉

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi

Thanks for response. The way I'm currently accessing the account is through an email client app on a very old ipad and also an app on my android phone. It's not within a browser/webmail. I've tried using the password reset link that you suggested but when I type in my blueyonder email address it says username not found (even though the email address is active and I receive daily emails). I think I'm a bit stuck !

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Coxyboy123 wrote:

I think I'm a bit stuck !

Sorry to say this but.......yes you are.

What you are seeing, " username not found" on webmail but the email account still apparently being active is the sign that the deletion process was started but not completed fully.

The first step in the deletion process seems to be stopping access to the Webmail account without deleting the mailbox itself. For a while the account is often still accessible via email apps and it appears you have been lucky there. In most cases though the email address cannot be re-instated and all that can be done is to get the mailbox deleted.

One of the Forum Team (VM employees who provide support for this forum) can arrange that for you.  They will contact you via this thread and take the necessary details from.

If you are currently still a VM broadband customer, albeit with a different account to the one the Blueyonder address was attached to,  they may, and I stress may, be able to help you to recover the address but you will need to talk to them about that.

One of the Forum Team will catch up with you in a day or so.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your post and for reaching out to the Community Forums, Coxyboy123,

I may be able to get your account reset but as @coenoby, has stated it may be beyond the stage of being able to salvage the mailbox, as it has been deleted.

I'll send you a private message to confirm your account details.

Cheers,

Corey C