cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked ntlworld email account

Bill53
Joining in

My wife’s ntlworld email account has been hacked and is now blocked. The message we get is Cannot get email, no password for ntlworld. How can we have the account unblocked so that we can change her password?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@Paul_DN I would also hazard a guess here that the email hasn't been hacked by a third party or blocked by VM but rather deleted completely as an orphaned account. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

18 REPLIES 18

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try following the instructions set out here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I’ve run anti virus scan but still can’t get into virgin media to change the password on existing ntlworld email account . 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What error message are you getting when you try to log into your primary Virgin Media account?  This is where you need to be to change the password for the secondary email address.

Alternatively try the forgotten password route: 

virgin-media-reset-username-and-password 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs

The only email address we have is the ntlworld one but when I use this it doesn’t recognise it and I have also tried the reset password option and again it doesn’t recognise the ntlworld email address

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

By implication this suggests that you are not current VM broadband customers or that the Ntlworld email address was attached to an old account that you had.

If you are not currently VM broadband customers then there is nothing that can be done to recover the email address.

Not what I wanted to hear. I’ve set my wife up with a new email but obviously she has now lost a great deal of info!

Thinking about this, surely if Virgin Media had blocked the account they have a responsibility to reinstate it?

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I have asked the VM Forum Team to take a look at this thread. 

For the avoidance of doubt can you confirm if you have a current VM broadband account or not.

If you don't then VM are within their Terms and Conditions to close the orphaned account.

We do not have Virgin broadband but you would think that they would have the courtesy to have given my wife some notice of the closure to giver her time to transfer important information to another email provider given that she has been using this account as her sole account for years!