cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked email

Philby1
On our wavelength

Hi, I have now spent over 5 hours on the phone to Virgin to try to access my virgin.net emails, I've had the email address for over 20 years and now for about a week I have not been able to get into it. Virgin promised to get IT to come back to my 48 hrs last Tuesday not contact! Phone them eventually got through to India and was told it was a Talk Talk problem _ a lie!!!!!! Phoned again and was told they had reset my password and leave it for 3 hours and it should be sorted - a lie it's not all they manage to do was reset the password on a different email address. Please can someone help me? I can get into my gmail account but not my virgin.net( which is my main one)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It never was anything to do with TalkTalk.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

34 REPLIES 34

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Provided that you have a current VM broadband account and that the virgin.net email address concerned is correctly associated with it try following the instructions set out here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-accounts-locked-mailbox-unable-unable-to-access-ema...

If you don't have a VM broadband account then it is possible that your old free account has been deleted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Philby1
On our wavelength

Hi and thanks I do have a VM broadband account but don't know if the virgin.net account is attached to it.

Philby1
On our wavelength

Just so that the Virgin team know if they look at this, I'm unable to change my password I've tried!

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Philby1 wrote:

Hi and thanks I do have a VM broadband account but don't know if the virgin.net account is attached to it.

If it shows in your primary Virgin Media account under the Virgin Media Mail section of the My Profile tab or as a secondary account under the Manage Accounts tab then it is linked to your current VM broadband account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Philby1
On our wavelength

Hi again, Well I find that I have two Virgin Media accounts!!!! One where it's the only email address, the other which does contain my bills etc it's shown as the contact email address but not shown in my profile and another email which I didn't know I had shows up on the Virgin Media mail address.

Philby1
On our wavelength

I have just spent an hour on the phone to Talk Talk who assure me that they can't delete or amend my email I am not on their system. It must be Virgin Media.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It never was anything to do with TalkTalk.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Philby1
On our wavelength

So do I go back to Virgin Media and tell them they are not telling the truth?

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Philby1, thanks for getting in touch.

Sorry to hear about the email issues you've encountered, and any confusion around this when getting in touch previously.

It may be possible for us to transfer the email addresses to your active account so we can help you regain access to it - however we will need to complete security checks on both accounts, and this would replace the online account & any associated email addresses you may have registered on the active account we're transferring to.

We also need to make you aware that this cannot be reverse once completed. 

If all of that sounds OK with you I'll get in touch via PM so we can confirm the details - just look out for the purple envelope icon and we'll take it from there.

Tom