cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blocked email sending - SpamHaus

Philmac750
Tuning in

My IP address is listed on Spamhaus and I am unable to send any emails from my Outlook or mac mail applications.  On iPhone I can disconnect from Wifi and use 4G and send OK.

I have tried to explain this to tech support but they have sent my email address to spamhaus and not the external IP address for de-registering.

5 REPLIES 5

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do not post your IP Address here.

On which Spamhaus list does it appear and have you followed the advice they provide?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

My external IP is listed on the PBL list.  I cannot do anything - only the ISP can request it's removal.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
The Policy Block List

The Spamhaus PBL is a DNSBL database of end-user IP address ranges which should not be delivering unauthenticated SMTP email to any Internet mail server except those provided for specifically by an ISP for that customer's use. The PBL helps networks enforce their Acceptable Use Policy for dynamic and non-MTA customer IP ranges.

[source The Spamhaus Project - PBL]

Being on Spamhaus's Policy Block List (PBL) is expected, What error message are you seeing that indicates PBL is responsible for not being able to send email?

When I use the 

curl -v smtps://smtp.virginmedia.com -u username:password

command in terminal on my Mac I get the error message that Virgin Media has blocked your connecting IP. Too many bad emails have been sent.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pity a redacted copy of message was not posed… best guess is this is Virgin Media blocking access.

To correct go to https://netreport.virginmedia.com/netreport/ and:

• select an abuse type of Email Sending Errors from drop down list
  • select an abuse form of Other from drop down list
  • paste the complete curl command output (but not the command itself) into the Log Evidence area
  • enter your name into My name field
  • enter your email address into Email address field
  • select Submit button

Hopefully de-listing will occur sooner rather than later but if not post back here to have the forum team investigate further.

Should the problem return after de-listing consider following the advice here My Virgin Media account has been hacked.