Menu
Drings
Tuning in
Message 1 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Block incoming email

How do I block particularly annoying repetitive emails which all come from an address info@ policense.org.uk 

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 36
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Block incoming email

Sign into webmail and try the following:

• select the message from info‌@‌ policense​.​org.uk
  • select and then Create filter rule
  • select 2020-06-02.png to delete the Subject condition
  • if you wish to block all email from the domain then select Is exactly and then Contains, amend the email address to just policense​.​org.uk
  • select Add action and then File into
  • select Select folder, the Spam folder and then OK
  • select Save

Any new email delivered to your Inbox and matching the above filter rule will be moved to the Spam folder.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Drings
Tuning in
Message 3 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice, however I went into the email on webmail clicker the 3 bars symbol and the only 4 options I had are:

Email

Address Book 

Tasks

Close

i did not have the option you suggested in your reply, can you check the advice again please

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 36
Flag for a moderator

You are looking at the LEFT TOP of the screen, not the RIGHT.  Allow me to show you a picture of another way to do what 用心棒 means.  If your browser does not display like this, please advise what device and browser you are using and we can give further advice.

Settings button best.JPG.png      Filter.JPG

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MissPasko
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Ahh - I have followed 用心棒's instructions and learned something new today.  And made us a picture to follow!  It is the red hamburger icon AFTER you open up the email.  Best wishes.

email actions.PNG

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ *\o/* ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 36
Flag for a moderator

@Drings wrote:

Thanks for the advice, however I went into the email on webmail clicker the 3 bars symbol and the only 4 options I had are:

Email

Address Book 

Tasks

Close

i did not have the option you suggested in your reply, can you check the advice again please

Your device appears to be requesting the mobile website, to access the filter rule functionality the device would need to temporarily request the desktop website however there appears to be a bug as I could only get the Create filter rule to work if I zoomed out by 50% on a mobile device.

Drings
Tuning in
Message 7 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice - the mails are now going direct to the Spam folder,

Is there a way to block them completely not even going to the Spam folder.

0 Kudos
用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Consider amending your filter rule to move matched message from your Inbox to the Trash folder instead; this will give you a 7-day safety margin to recover any mismatched emails before they are automatically permanently deleted. If you have absolute confidence in the rule then a Discard action maybe appropriate instead.

Drings
Tuning in
Message 9 of 36
Flag for a moderator

Dear VIP

I do appreciate your help by the way but....

Is there not a responsibility of the ISP to block for all customers or block for individual customers (on request) any particular unwelcome e-mails rather than put that responsibility on me to deal with it in my spam folder or even my trash folder.

I don't want to have to think about it or deal with it as I did not invite it.

Cheers

0 Kudos
HowardML
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 36
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just think for a moment about what you said and the unintended consequences. Asking any ISP to block e-mails would be like asking the Post Office to not deliver post from someone you were anxious not to hear from. The world doesn't work that way and neither should e-mail work that way.

Stuff going into your spam folder is deleted after 30 days, so you don't even have to look. But at least you have the chance to review the contents of that folder and react to anything that shouldn't be there.