cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklist

liz30538
Superfast

Hi I get lots of spam emails and I have been blacklisting them . When I tried to blacklist one tonight I got a message saying I had exceeded my blacklist limit and to delete some addresses. I don’t want to do that and get more spam. Can anyone help. Why on earth has virgin put a limit on how many addresses you can blacklist. Not very customer friendly 

50 REPLIES 50

Hi liz30538,

Thank you for coming back to us and for the additional information, as it was CISAS that offered the £345.00 it will be them that you need to get back in contact with and they will liaise with us.

Kind regards

Paul.

Hi Paul

it wasn’t CISAS who offered the compensation. It was someone called Igrah Mahmood from VM. I have also received a letter this morning from Thouburenbi Mangsatabam saying that they have tried to call me regarding the complaint about spam. They have not tried to call. I have expressly stated that I want to be contacted by email, as I find the offshore teams customer service appalling. They do not understand what you are saying, they ask you to repeat. I cannot understand what they are saying, and then eventually they say they cannot help you. The only reason I am still with VM is because of the broadband speed

Hi liz30538

Thank you for coming back to me, how did you receive this offer, was it by letter/ Email?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul

i received it y email through the CISAS portal9A8647EC-5F0F-48EE-A5EE-7CD22B51ADEE.png

Hi liz30538,

To accept the offer you would need to follow the steps in the letter, this isn't something we cannot do from our end. it states you need to respond via the portal.

Kind regards

Paul.

Hi Paul

i have just contacted CISAS. They have said that VM have 20 days from the 4 February to send the compensation. If I haven’t heard from them by 3 March I’m to contact CISAS again. It’s just so annoying that they will not remove the blacklist cap. They charge enough for their service. I have said to them that someone has had to program this into their computers, so why can it not be programmed out

Hi liz30538,

Thank you for the update, if this is what CISAS have advised we recommend that you follow those steps.

Kind regards

Paul.

My blacklist is full, and I deleted a few addresses recently but it re-filled quite quickly, can I have £345?

I've been receiving more and more spam emails over the last 4 or 5 months. There's currently 270 emails in the spam tray.

To be honest I'm not interested in Bitcoin, CBD, BillBuddy, Gift Cards from any number of well known retailers, Tinnitus, etc etc etc. Despite an extensive use of blacklisting, filtering, and marking as spam, these emails keep coming.

If I had the choice of taking £345 and accepting that Virgin won't (or can't) do anything, or not getting any kind of recompense, but still having to accept that Virgin won't (or can't) do anything, I'd take the £345 any day.

I’ve accepted the money they just haven’t paid yet. They have until 3 March. Why don’t you complain to them about the same issue and maybe you’ll get compensation too. Boothy99 has good info on setting filters

I too have just had a message saying my Blacklist is full.....everyday I get spam emails, I am inundated with them and want them gone !!!!! for good, why on earth has Virgin not sorted this out so that we can stop these scammer coming through, I cannot even forward them to Report fraud phishing now, the scammers have even got this sussed out.!!!!!!!!

Something has to be done !!!!!!  this is so serious and the scammers will be winning.

What with emails, and scam 'phone calls, life is just getting worse each day !!

Hope there are some intelligent people out there who can figure this out !!!!

Thank you

Barbara