cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blacklist

liz30538
Superfast

Hi I get lots of spam emails and I have been blacklisting them . When I tried to blacklist one tonight I got a message saying I had exceeded my blacklist limit and to delete some addresses. I don’t want to do that and get more spam. Can anyone help. Why on earth has virgin put a limit on how many addresses you can blacklist. Not very customer friendly 

50 REPLIES 50

Couple more added to the list today from infos(at)mightynetworks.com and noreply(at)info.deal-mates.com (they added a hyphen .... how inventive 😂 )

Add these to the front of the multi-spam filter list if you like....

@mightynetworks.com|@info.deal-mates.com|

Hi Boothy I’ve set up the spam filter as you suggested. The strange thing is that since I’ve done this I’m not getting any more spam from nextemail and moms.org. Not going into spam, just gone. Thanks so much

Hi liz30538,

Glad to hear it's sorted for you 👌👍. I noticed that too, recently ... Mr NextEmail & Mrs Moma stopped sending last Tuesday / Wednesday (unless they're on a brief holiday 😉 ). mightynetworks.com and the newly posh-hyphenated info.deal-mates.com have taken their place for now. Probably one and the same scuz 😂 

Hi Boothy99

can you explain what Regex is. I’ve been doing as you suggested and putting in it, but I don’t really understand it. Incidentally VM have not yet paid the compensation 

Hi liz30538,

It was 用心棒 (a very helpful user here on the forum) who helped guide me to setting the filter up using "Regex". The term stands for Regular Expression, and if I understand it correctly, it's a string/collection of terms used to perform a search such as is used in the Multi-spam filter (separated by "|").

That's about as much as I understand it ...but in this instance, it saves setting up multiple separate spam filter rules and allows a single collection to be used. Easy to add to when the scum-spammers add another spoofed email.

Will that do ? 😉 😁 xxx

Sorry to hear they've not paid up. Have you given them a little nudge?

Another one - info(at)zuluedm(dot)com from today.....

Add to the list.......

@zulu|

Not yet. Going to contact CISAS to see if they can do anything. It was through them that I was able to claim compensation 

Hi liz30538,

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry to hear of the compensation being outstanding. Is this something you've agreed with us previously?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John_GS,

I believe she has. Have a look at message 7 on this post, where liz30538 mentions it.

Hi John

yes I took a complaint through Resolver and then to CISAS. Ibrahimpatnam Mahmood offered me compensation of £345 because this complaint has been ongoing since June last year. I have not had payment yet