Auto forwarding of Email

ess1
Superfast

How long does it take for VM to action?

I completed request two days ago.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your reply. 

Would you be able to get "letsplaychess" to provide you with their virgin media email address as well as any logs, dates and times you can get from them as well. 

We need the details including full headers and technical logs as our IT team will need this to look into it further. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

With the nature of the information requested I doubt it would be considered presumptuous to send it via PM.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

32 REPLIES 32

MissPasko
Super solver

If you are enquiring about the setting in VM webmail that forwards your email to a different email address, then the setting takes effect immediately.  If you made a 'request' by a different method, can you tell us what that is?

I assume that it is not working as you imagined.  What is the problem, we can try to diagnose and get it to do what you want.

Settings button best.JPG.png            Filter.JPG

Autoforward window.PNG

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

After the auto-forward rule is set new email received to your Inbox should be forwarded on.To troubleshoot the issue sign into webmail and check:

• are there new emails in your Inbox?
  • was the Keep a copy of the message option selected when setting up the auto-forward rule?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Thanks for very prompt replies.

I completed Auto forward properly.   Selected forward copy this AM as no mails were received in selected account since nominating.

Auto forward tried as I do not seem to have any answer to my: "https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Settings-Email-Filter-Deleting/m-p/4237914#M190859".   Indeed I now only receive mail from one address other than VM Community due to my filter problem.

Rather a mess I'm afraid

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Amend the auto-forward by deselecting Process subsequent rules; this will stop other filter rules from running against the matched message in case they are causing an issue.

I think you should disable all those filters and clear the blacklist before worrying about auto-forwarding.  If nothing or little is arriving, then there is nothing to forward.  I had a look at your previous correspondence before engaging in this thread and assumed you had followed the advice to go back to a clean sheet.

Also, it might help you to know that I find that my yahoo address sends forwarded VM community emails to its spam folder.  Check that at the forwarded address' mailbox.

Thanks for continued assistance.

As posted, I have over two pages of Filter items.   Each deletion causes the programme to hang.   I am unable to use computer so I tried to use the auto forward as suggested elsewhere.

Just will have to be patient until someone from the VM team picks up.   Meanwhile I have to log in through LastPast to each address where I expect mail, in order to pick up my mail.

Good Morning ess1,

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and I'm sorry to see you've been having an issue with auto forwarding E-Mails.

Can you please attempt to change the settings on a computer, using a browser with the cache cleared if possible to see if this can be resolved for your auto forwarding issue on web mail?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hello David_Bn,

Thanks for endeavouring to assist. Appreciated.

I cleared cache on another computer and, each time I tried to delete Filter item, received report that "not responding due to long running script". Each time I OK'd or cancelled (can't remember exactly) I could go through Settings>Filter etc. On computer I use I do not receive this. It just hangs.

Hello ess1,

Can you make sure you are doing it like this please 

Gareth_L