cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto forwarding emails to gmail

teabags157
Joining in

Hi. I am trying to auto forward emails from my Virgin Media account to my gmail account.  I have set up auto forward but they are not being received in gmail. How can I resolve this please? 

7 REPLIES 7

teabags157
Joining in

I am trying to forward emails from my Virgin Media account to Gmail. I have set the auto forward rule in VM but the emails are not received in Gmail. Can you help please?
thanks.

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@teabags157 

Assuming that you have set the auto forward in your Virgin Media webmail account (rather than in an email app or client) have you checked that the slider in the webmail auto forward settings box is on (green)?

Also, just to clarify, the auto forward in VM webmail only works on new emails as they arrive in your VM  Inbox. So it will not auto forward any emails that are already in the inbox or any new emails that VM sends straight to your VM Spam folder.

autoforward on.png

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Yes. Green setting shows and I also get “Auto forwarding is active” showing at the top of the inbox. 

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

it is not clear from your earlier posts but have you checked Gmail's Spam folder for the missing emails?

-- 
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Yes

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you forward the message manually is it sent and received then?

I managed to sort it. I re typed the gmail address into the forwarding rule and it worked. There must have been a gremlin in the system.