Menu
rachelhackett
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Auto deleting deleted messages

Hi there,

I access my email (old ntlworld.com account) on Firefox using the https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ site.

When I delete items, they go into the Trash folder. Nothing in there is older than 2 months, so it seems that Virgin is autodeleting deleted messages from this folder. I object to this! Anyone clever know if I can change this deault?

Many thanks

Rachel

0 Kudos
Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Auto deleting deleted messages

It isn't possible to change that default setting.

If you want to keep the emails move them to a folder of your choosing rather than deleting them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ChrisLeanne
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

This did not used to be the case. I am happily deleting emails from my phone falsely thinking that they are forever stored on my webmail until I delete them. Is there anyway to stop this auto delete?  When did this change?

0 Kudos
ChrisLeanne
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

To be honest its just really inconvenient to keep your inbox on your phone clear of unwanted emails by going into each message and archiving.  Swipe does not work for archive only for delete.  Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos