cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Forward problems with email account

lynmevans
Just joined
I have been have a really tough time with 2 secondary account on Virgin.net. I've set up new account with another provider and wanted to set up either a auto message or a auto foward for the old virgin account. when I try to do this for one of the account it brings up this message - Unable to load your auto forward settings. Please retry later.. Any idea what I can do to resolve this?"

2 REPLIES 2

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@lynmevans wrote:
Unable to load your auto forward settings. Please retry later.. Any idea what I can do to resolve this?"

Unfortunately, I don't think this is something you can resolve yourself. A number of posters to this forum reported that problem a few weeks ago along with similar issues with the Vacation Notice option.
A ticket (F010421780.) was raised with the relevant VM IT team at the start of February and since then reports of  people seeing that issue seem to have died down. I am not a VM member of staff but I will raise the question with the VM Forum Team as to whether that ticket has been closed.

"really tough time with 2 secondary account on Virgin.net. I've set up new account with another provider"

So are you still a VM broadband customer? If you are no longer a VM customer I would hesitate before setting up an Autoforward to your new email account. You might live to regret setting up that Autoforward!
The reason I say that is if you are not a VM customer it means your Virgin.net accounts are not linked to a live VM broadband account and so VM could remove access to those email account(s) at any time.
It is very common for ex VM customers to post on here complaining that their old VM email accounts are continuing to forward spam and scam emails to their new (non VM) email account and they cannot turn off the auto forward because VM has removed access to their old VM account.
That's something to consider.

I'll report back if I get an update from the VM Forum Team on that IT ticket re the forwarding issue.  Just to update that, it would seem that the issue has now been referred back to the relevant VM support team.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @lynmevans, thanks for reaching out to us and a warm welcome to the Virgin Media forums. 🙂

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are having with the email settings 😕
May I ask how you are trying to set this up? Is it through an app such as Outlook or web mail?
Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs