cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authentication issues persist even after password change

EnochRoot
Tuning in

Good morning

After an outage reported on Monday, have been unable to access my VM email. Contacted support and they were unable to resolve, so escalated to the engineering team. Was told to wait 5 days before contacting VM again, and that I would be texted when they resolved the issue.

Following a post on this board, have tried a password reset and still getting the same authentication issue. Webmail gives me the message that my mailbox is not available, try again in an hour.

I connect via POP3, would try moving to IMAP, but since webmail is not working I think the issue will not be solved by using IMAP.

Thanks

Enoch

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @EnochRoot,

No problem. As advised, wait at least 20 minutes after you've completed the change before giving it a try.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @EnochRoot,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear that you're having some issues with accessing your email service recently. Have you tried changing the password and making sure that it's to something that has never been used for that account before? Once you do so, please wait at least 20 minutes before trying it.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I tried the new password immediately, will change it now and wait thanks !

Hi @EnochRoot,

No problem. As advised, wait at least 20 minutes after you've completed the change before giving it a try.

Let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team

Thanks very much @Zach_R, that did the trick !

Thanks for your reply and update, EnochRoot,

Glad to hear it worked.

Cheers,

Corey C