cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are virgin closing ntl world accounts?

Peterlangsdale
Tuning in

I have received an email from 'webteam@virginmedia.com' informing me as follows:

Virgin Media Mail.

We are Closing all old version of mailbox which implies that your account will be deleted from our service in the next 48hours.

UPDATE ACCOUNT NOW

PLEASE NOTE: YOUR EMAIL WILL BE SHUT-DOWN

I am still using my ntlworld.com account, but this feels suspicious to me as a message and I dare not click on the link.

Any advice welcome as I really do not want to lose my account!

Pete

[MOD EDIT: Link amended for security]

7 REPLIES 7

boothy99
Fibre optic

Definitely ignore it.

Various versions of this keep coming around, trying to get you to login so the filthy scummers can access you email -

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Latest-Phishing-News-12-04-2022/td-p/4986170

Move the email to your spam folder so that Virgin can hopefully learn that it's crud to block, if it's in your inbox.

Many thanks for the advice!

Regards, pete

Hi Peterlangsdale,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, thank you for bringing this to our attention, this is definitely a suspect Email, we would never send anything with a link asking to change/ provide any details, you can find out more around dealing with Phishing and Spam Emails here.

If you do need any further help, please do not hesitate to reach back out.

Regards

Paul.

Thanks Paul for putting my mind at rest!

Regards Pete 

There are so many clues in the email itself, poor spelling, poor grammar and capitalisation where it isnt required. This is the case with so many phishing attempts, the perpetrators should go back to school and get there English Language qualifications both written and oral.

But again it shows what idiots they are when I am sure there devices will most likely have a spell/grammar checker lmao

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@m00g wrote:

There are so many clues in the email itself, poor spelling, poor grammar and capitalisation where it isnt required. This is the case with so many phishing attempts, the perpetrators should go back to school and get there English Language qualifications both written and oral.

But again it shows what idiots they are when I am sure there devices will most likely have a spell/grammar checker lmao

Surely you mean 'their' not 'there'.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Correct, I was also going to put "speelin" but thought you would miss that.