cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are Virgin shutting down ntlworld email?

Ollievee
Joining in

I keep getting spam emails and now I have received one about ntlworld emails shutting down with an invitation to hit a link to verify, is this dodgy or not?

4 REPLIES 4

ravenstar68
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It sounds as dodgy as hell.

Some of the phone support staff have been trotting that gem out as well, so we asked the Forum Team leader who has stated definitively that Virgi Media has no intention of shutting down ANY of it's domains.  The only emails that are being closed are individual addresses that are not currently linked to an active Virgin Media broadband account.

If you hover over the link (don't click it though), you should be able to see the URL that the link is pointing at.

Tim

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, Ollievee,

If you have existing services with us then your mailbox will remain active. That email doesn't sound like it would be from us as ravenstar68 has stated, that seems to be talking about the whole domain, which isn't something we are closing. The only mailboxes being closed are orphaned or standalone mailboxes with no media services attached.

Cheers,

Corey C

I have been told by 3 Virgin Media internet tech  support agents that the NTLworld email domain is being closed down.

I called the VM Customer Service line via the 150 number and the agent I spoke to there , "Scott" was rather rude and said yes, the NTLworld domain was not Virgin Media was old and being closed down. If I had a problem with that it was NTLworld's problem. I repeatedly told him that Virgin Media took over the NTL domain and that it used the Virginmedia   imap & smtp servers. 

How does one find out the true situation with Virgin Media as one is unable to contact anyone with any authority within the corporation ?

Thanks. 

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have a read of post 2 in this thread for a definitive statement from the Community Manager 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Retirement-of-NtlWorld-Email-Addresses/m-p/4826263#M22485...

@Michael_JK 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks