cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive email

DJC48
Joining in

1. I would like to investigate using the Webmail “Archive” facility.

2. However I cannot find any route to a description of this facility.

3. So – select the “Help” at top of Community page. This takes you to “Virgin Media Help and Support”.

4. Of the 13 links on that page, only “Broadband” and “Your Account” are possible sources of required info.

5. “Virgin Media broadband help and support” (19 onward links) – zero mention.

6. “Virgin Media account help and support” (10 onward links) with zero mention.

7. Recent mentions of the subject in a search for “Archive email” in Community pages, refer back to link at 3 above.

8. Am I missing something? Pray tell me where the Archive guidance is hidden.

6 REPLIES 6

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It is well hidden here Archiving E-Mail messages.

FYI  How well hidden? Well it was not found under ☰ > Help but…

Spoiler
Select ☰ > Setting > ▸ Email > Filter Rules > Add new rule or  Edit > ? and then select Table of Content > 5.5.14 Archiving E-Mail messages

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more
Have I helped? Click helpful.jpeg Mark as Helpful Answer and solved, or use thanks.jpeg Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for your reply, advice and tolerance.

1. My fundamental problem seems to be that the “Help” link - at the top of many Community pages - does not direct you to the email management instructions. In that respect – it’s no help at all.

2. As you have pointed out, the Archive instructions are buried in the “appsuite email management help” – here -

https://mail2.virginmedia.com/appsuite/help/l10n/en_GB/ox.appsuite.user.sect.email.manage.archive.ht...

3. My problem with the above is – how and where do I find that link? I suspect that many customers will feel the same need.

That question should probably be directed to VM to answer.

4. My remaining problem is with your navigation directions -

Select ☰ > Setting > ▸ Email > Filter Rules > Add new rule or Edit > ?and then select Table of Content5.5.14 Archiving E-Mail messages

My 3-bars top-right drop-down list starts with “Settings” (plural). Is your “Setting” (singular) a typo?

I click Settings – then Email – Filter Rules – Add new rule -

which takes me to the “Create new rule” window. What do I do there? Seems to be a dead end.

I go back to – Accounts – Email – Edit – which shows “Archive” as the final Standard Folder entry. Do I just select Archive and save the changes? Does that bring up the Table of Content & 5.5.14 data?

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ModTeam, please look into why webmail help does not provide any help on webmail, i.e. select ☰ > Help shows:
2021-11-29a.png
and search for Blacklist shows:
2021-11-29b.png

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@DJC48 wrote:

4. My remaining problem is with your navigation directions -

Select ☰ > Setting > ▸ Email > Filter Rules > Add new rule or Edit > ?and then select Table of Content5.5.14 Archiving E-Mail messages

My 3-bars top-right drop-down list starts with “Settings” (plural). Is your “Setting” (singular) a typo?

I click Settings – then Email – Filter Rules – Add new rule -

which takes me to the “Create new rule” window. What do I do there? Seems to be a dead end.

I go back to – Accounts – Email – Edit – which shows “Archive” as the final Standard Folder entry. Do I just select Archive and save the changes? Does that bring up the Table of Content & 5.5.14 data?

Yes that is a typo.

Select the ? (exaggerated in following image):
2021-11-29d.png

Hi @用心棒 

Thank you for raising this.

I've sent this off to be looked at.

Thanks

Melissa

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Kudos to @DJC48 for spotting and reporting.