cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another "virgin.net" issue.

Anonymous
Not applicable

We have used a virgin.net email address regularly (for many years) but had no warning that it would be closed. There are many important documents that we need to retrieve. We have a Virgin broadband account. We have contacted the help line and got as far as getting a "Ticket number" (P010855803) be then nothing.  It seems that it is still possible to send emails to this address.Any suggestions? Also are "ntlworld addresses" also going to be withdrawn in the same way?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Any of the Virgin media family of email addresses that are not properly attached to a current VM broadband account are subject to deletion without additional notice at any time.

When you sign into your My Virgin Media account with the primary username does the Virgin.net email address concerned appear in the Virgin media mail section of My Profile or under the Manage Accounts tab?

If not then it isn't attached to your current account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Any of the Virgin media family of email addresses that are not properly attached to a current VM broadband account are subject to deletion without additional notice at any time.

When you sign into your My Virgin Media account with the primary username does the Virgin.net email address concerned appear in the Virgin media mail section of My Profile or under the Manage Accounts tab?

If not then it isn't attached to your current account.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Graham. It isn't attached. Its a case of being wise after the event.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

I hope you can get this fixed,  but please remember that an email account is intended for the exchange of mail - the clue is in the name. 

Email is not provided for the permanent storage of important documents, which should always be downloaded and saved securely. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Anonymous,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post, and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues with your emails. I understand that this can be frustrating.

I will be more than happy to look into this further for you. In order to do so, I will send you a Private Message to confirm a few details. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. I will be in touch soon. 

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply. My concern is that emails have arrived which I have been unable to access, such as tickets.